Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current setup is

Denon 3801

Sharp 32" TV

Panasonic DVD-RV31

Paradigm 5.1 speaker system

Everything works fine. The DVD is hooked into the Denon with S-video. The Denon is hooked to the TV with S-video. The Cable is hooked into the T.V. I don't watch a lot of TV, so I never bothered hooking the TV up to the stereo system.

Today, I tried hooking it up. I ran the cables from the TV audio out to the Denon TV/DBS audio in. I hit the TV/DBS button on the Denon remote ...... nothing!

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Skip

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:
Today, I tried hooking it up. I ran the cables from the TV audio out to the Denon TV/DBS audio in. I hit the TV/DBS button on the Denon remote ...... nothing!
Check your TV's menu for the AUDIO OUT choices. It probably needs to be set at FIXED rather than VARIABLE before it sends the signal to the receiver. At least that's how my Sony Wega works.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If I remember correctly, when you set the audio to FIXED on the Wega's menu, it automatically sets the speakers to OFF. That's why I didn't mention that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.