AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having an issue with my Onkyo tx-sr805 in which I was getting no video from my hardware that was connected via component to HDMI.

Anyways, I did a reset on my receiver and all hardware works, but I can not get anything to switch to Dolby Digital. It just says PLIIx [Movie, Music, Game] and it just does not sound the same. Case in point, my DirecTV DVR or XBOX 360 will not switch to Dolby Digital. My PS3 will switch from PLIIx to Dolby TrueHD if I pop in a Blu-Ray.

Just for reference:

PS3 -HDMI

XBOX 360 - HDMI

DVR - Component and Optical audio

Please help

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
If it works the same as on the Denon AVRs .. the Onkyo isn't going to switch to DD unless it's actually receiving a DD signal. Make sure that the DVR is set to transmit DD vice PCM as well as being able to transmit over optical. Also with the PS3 .. make sure that the DD/DTS blocks are checked off so that the PS3 can bitstream them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done and Done...but still the same problem. This was not issue until I reset the receiver. I double checked all hardware connected to the receiver and still the same thing. I have to think it's an issue/setting with the receiver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdsmoothie...BRILLIANT!!

After your post stating I have a 7.1 setup, I thought to my self, "no I don't" as I laughed to myself. I actually have a 5.1 set up, so I turned off the "surround Back" speakers and Shazaam...Dolby Digital!

Thank you very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts