AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found out that our attic has an OTA antenna that the old tenants left behind, so i went ahead and tested the signal on my little TV. the signals are decent. some channels come out really good while others are a little snowy.

anyways, i bought an OTA HD receiver (samsung t-150) and hooked everything up and voila.....nothing.

anyways, i'm sure it's something in the hookup that i'm messin' up.

antenna cable coax goes in the OTA receiver. i plug in the component cables and connect to my TV tuner (ebox- i have a philips plasma). when i turn on the HD tuner, i get nothing. just a sign that says no signal.

can you guys help me?

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Have you punched in the physical channel number for the digital TV channels in your area? They are different than the analog channels. Go to www.antennaweb.org and enter your address/zipcode to get a list of them. You also need to make sure the antenna is pointed in the direction of the broadcast towers. Most digital TV channels are in the UHF band, while and old atenna might be primarily/only a VHF antenna - so you might need to upgrade the antenna.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Did you do a channel scan in the SETUP Menu?

Does the 150's output match your TV's (1080i, 720p, 480p, etc.)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think my attic antenna is a VHF antenna. i just found out the previous tennants had it up for their Directv from back in the day when local channels were not available.

oh well. i think i'm going to order a channel master.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.