AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I double-click on the ReplayTV icon it puts on my desktop, I wait a couple seconds and an empty "ReplayTV" folder opens up. There's nothing in it (such as the Photos folder mentioned in the ReadMe), and I can't create anything in it. Nor can I copy anything to it.

I originally thought that maybe it was a firewall issue on my network, but kept opening ports, and eventually just connected both my PC and the ReplayTV to the same hub. I also disabled Windows XP's firewalling on that network card.

Still, nada.

Does the Photo Transfer software not work on the ReplayTV 5040? Or does it not work on Windows XP Pro?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, It works... just not very well...

I have the same problems... After rebooting my PC... the Photo's directory showed back up... A few days later same problem... Also, rebooting the ReplayTV also seems to work... I've not researched it to figure the exact cause but I'm guessing it something to do with DHCP. It does not however seem to effect the nightly updates... I'm guessing you'll get it to show up... just know the exact sequence yet...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Download and install the RePhoto installstion program. This is a program written by Thomas Wagner for us here at AVS Replay forum. It works MUCH better than the Sonic/ReplayTV utility.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The photo transfer software does work in XPpro, however, it can take some time to show the replay. I also find that it crashes file explorer very often (explorer restarts every few minutes). I install the transfer software, load my photos, then remove the software.

I tried working with SB when the 4000's were released to resolve this flakey utility. They emailed me a 1.1 beta version which did the same thing. Then it seems that they just quit any effort to resolve the issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I noticed the bug where Explorer kept restarting. I figured out it was the Photo Transfer software, and removed it. Then I decided to try again, this time with the intentions of just uploading some files, then removing it again.

Any idea where to get the RePhoto software?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tdloc
Any idea where to get the RePhoto software?
1. Click on the SEARCH button above.

2. Type "RePhoto"

3. Hit Enter.

4. Find this thread in the search results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.