AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put my directv through my PCTV pro card through the S-Video input. I do not get a picture and I have selected the correct card and input. I have a Redeon 9500 with a PVR-250 using Beyond TV. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Your question is confusing. Are you trying to use the PCTV and the PVR250 at the same time? If so then both applications are going to try and claim the overlay (for output) and thats not going to work. The PCTV Pro software is one of hte few applications which will not claim the overlay if it is already in use.

This is a pure guess because the quesiton is not so clear.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must U completely shutdown Beyond TV? I did not load any software for the PCTV card, just trying to use Dscaler. I was told not to use any other software with the card to get it to work.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Iits wuite possible that you need to shut it completely down. Just as a trial you could do that. The PCTV softwares biggest advatage is that it will run while other less polite programs (dscaler, windvd, etc etc) are hogging the overlay. I run the PCTV stuff in order to get picture in picture.

I have had many different boards including the creative video blaster which used the overlay as long as they were running even though they were minimized doing a record.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.