AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through the manual about 6 times. All I get is 5.1 to show up, but not 7.1 (Dolby TrueHD or DTS -HD) I've tried various blu rays from Transformers DOTM, Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World and I absolutely cannot get 7.1 to work.

I just bought the 740 and have it hooked up to a PS3 and cable box. I have a 7 speaker set up. Everything is connected through HDMI cables.

The TV is a Samsung FPT-5084. It is not labeled anywhere on either HDMI input that it has ARC, but I do get sound from the receiver and through the TV while the receiver is in pass through mode.

I followed directions for the PS3 (Audio Settings - HDMI - Automatic (every kind of audio from 2.0 to 7.1 is listed))

Could ARC be causing my issue?

Is it that I'm using the original PS3 HDMI cable? I'm pretty sure the PS3 model is from 2007.

This is maddening! How can it be this hard??!! Or am I just completely missing the obvious.

Any help would be SuperAwesome vs. MegaSpectacularly appreciated.

Your Pal,

The Phro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it appears you have to go (Settings) > [BD/DVD Settings] HDMI and select Linear PCM as the Audio Output. It now outputs in 7.1 - BUT - the DTS-HD or Dolby True HD icons will not light up. On the LED display, however, it shows as Linear PCM 3/4.1.

Guess it was a fat body PS3 thing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts