AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away at college and decided to connect my PC back to my HDTV. Usually I just plug my VGA breakout cable from my PC to my TV and my video card automatically recognizes it and it works fine. But today, I got the all the boot screens looking fine until it acually booted to windows, then the picture just went all haywire, like it seems the horizontal and vertical syncs are messed up, I tried switching the H and V connections in the back but the same thing happened. I also tried all the resolutions up the 1920x1080i and beyond and still no luck. Can anyone help me out here? Keep in mind that I am using a DVI-->VGA adapter for my PC cause my PC only outputs DVI and I'm using the Nvidia 6800GT video card.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That happens to me with Component Out with the 81.xx series drivers on both a 6200 and a 6600GT.

You can't see the screen to adjust the driver settings, but there is an option to tell the video card what type of connection you are using. With the 78.03 drivers, it automagically selects "Component" for me. With the 81.xx Component is not available, only composite, svideo and SCART, none of which work for me.

In your case, since you don't appear to be using Component, maybe there is a config adjustment you can make in the advanced display settings. I use TightVNC to VNC over to my HTPC since it's on my domain at home, and I can adjust video settings and stuff until my TV displays properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.