AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all, I gave up on my 2000, and I bought a 4500. It worked great for almost a month. I loaded my channel guide with an Ethernet cable. I let the channel guide run out, hoping it would dial. Now it won't load. It keeps asking for my ip address, but when I enter it, it won't accept it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylee  /t/1522395/cant-load-channel-guide#post_24477759

Hi all, I gave up on my 2000, and I bought a 4500. It worked great for almost a month. I loaded my channel guide with an Ethernet cable. I let the channel guide run out, hoping it would dial. Now it won't load. It keeps asking for my ip address, but when I enter it, it won't accept it.

If you loaded the channel guide using Ethernet, then you had to configure the 4500 with an IP address, and it isn't going to switch to using dial up unless you reconfigure it.  You likely configured the 4500 for networking in automated mode, where it got an IP address all by itself.  If you wanted to switch to dial up, then you'd have to go back into the 4500 setup and switch from networking to dial up.  But, it seems like the point of your getting the 4500 was to use networking and get off of dial up, so you probably need to find out why the 4500 can't get an IP address.  I assume that when you first set it up that it was able to get an address on its own and loaded the channel guide.  When it asks for an IP address, it's because it can't get one on its own, and then it needs you to enter one.  So, you need to figure out how you made it work the first time, either you entered an IP address and some other information, and that made it work, or it figured it all out on its own.

·
Registered
173 Posts
first off stick to the ethernet connection cause the dialup hardly workks on any model rtv.. follow this course---press menue on remote then press all these tabs as the onscreen menues pop up>SETUP.>NETWORK AND INPUT SETTINGS>CHANGE NETWORK>CHANGE FROM MANUAL TO AUTOMATED---now u should get a count down clock after which ur new address should appear if it doesnt u probly dont have a connection and should check ur router setup---if it does show the new address follow this course---CHANGE NETWORK>CHANGE MANUAL SETTINGS>CONTINUE--u should see the countdown clock again followed by the same address as before-->KEEP ALL SETTINGS>DONE>press exit on remote. u now have a static ip address and now go to ur router and set a mac address to keep the dhcp bug from affecting it. with ur model rtv setting the mac address may not be necessary but its better safe than sorry. i have 2 rtv 4532s and never had them change address even set on automatic---d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts