AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have had an ellipitical Dish for about 45-60 days now. But starting last night I cannot get a very strong signal on some transponders. Others are over 90 on 101. Some can't lock in and some are in the mid 30 range.

I checked to make sure that the dish is still tight and everything has a good connection. I have a low end hughes on another TV and it is acting the same. So I can figure it is not the run of cabling. The fact that some transponders on the same satelite have a strong signal and others don't makes me think that the Mulitswitch is ok.

The original install gave me signals on 101 and 119 of between mid 60s to mid 90s.

I have a tree that is somewhere near line of sight and I was thinking that would cause that? Maybe it has grown more into line of sight. Before I tear the dish down and pull up the cabling to relocate, I would like to find out if anyone has had this before? Should I test something else?

---Doug

·
Super Moderator
18,447 Posts
The oval dishes are notorious for lower signal strengths. Yeah, once the leaves grow onto the branches you have more blockage than before. I'll have to relocate my round one next year, I'm guessing. Every time it gets windy, the trees sway in and out of the line of sight. Has to be a really big wind, tho, which is why I'll procrastinate until next year.

Other than the trees, make sure all the cable connections are tight, RG-6 and nothing longer than 75' without an inline amp.

Doc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.