AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where should i start ....first -- i cant seem to get a few movies (toy story ultimate toy box, princess bride widescreen , almost famous widescreen, what women want widescreen...just to name a few) to come up in any widescreen form , let alone anamorphic. these movies come up on my pc monitor (which i always use for setup before watching a movie ) in full screen. When this is projected , its too big for my screen (52x92" from my sony 1270 fp) so i loose picture top and bottom. Other movies such as the abyss, T2 , star wars episode 1 , ect. all come up on my pc monitor as a strip of picture right through the middle and black bars top and bottom (when my ati player is maximized) when this gets projected , its fits perfectly onto my screen.

now, im using an htpc with radeon ve, ati player , 7075 drivers , powerstrip 3.0, [email protected], 0 IRE settings

mike m was nice enough to send me a registry fix to lock in widescreen movies. This hasent fixed my problem completely though. Ive tried everything i know to get these movies to behave in a widescreen format, but no dice. The major offenders seem to be movies labeled "widescreen enhanced for 16x9". Anything labeled "anamorphic or 2:35:1" works beutifully.

What im i doing wrong here...any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Try Zoomplayer v2.12 with 0 IRE button !! It'll use ATI video and audio codecs so it'll let you keep your video and audio quality. It adds zoom and other aspect ratios that may work well for your set up. Plus it's FREEEEEE :) You can download it at www.inmatrix.com (387kb file).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
This does not seem to make sense.

Are you POSITIVE your player is set to 16:9 widescreen and not pan & scan or zoom?

The abyss is a 4:3 DVD ( letterboxed not anamorphic ) I'm not sure on SWEP1 and T2 is defenatly anamorphic...

Very strange.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for all the input guys...

i downloaded zoomplayer and ill check it out tonite.

my ati player is set to widescreen to the best of my knowledge, in the registry and the local settings..

the abyss special edition is anamorphic i believe. (2:35:1)

·
Registered
629 Posts
To my knowledge, there is only one release of the Abyss (the 2-disc special edition), and it's a letterboxed 4:3 transfer (non-anamorphic).

So you're having PowerDVD change the resolution to 1072x600?

Try checking the "keep aspect" option.....

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.