AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't see DVD-Video ripped to VIDEO_TS folder via/on projector (hooked up via VGA)...but do see it on the laptop screen but even then, only when i've full-sized the DVD meaning in other words if i double-click on the screen to take it out of FULL-size, then can't see video on both projector AND laptop. (All these comments don't apply to local C drive .flv files cuz their behaved like one expects. The 2 file formats/codecs i've tried so far.)

what's going on...please help

edit: as i'm scoping out this situation, my laptop is blanking out black for like a second then i get message display driver stopped responding and has recovered (igfx;Toshiba Satellite A205-S5810)...it's doing this frequent enough like as i'm typing this edit, did it like 4, 5 times...please help with this also

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepsnregs /forum/post/19562394

Help please

Are you trying to use both screens at the same time?

What is native resolution of the laptop and of the PJ?

Can you see the desktop on the PJ?

I would advise you to disable the laptop screen and enable only the external PJ screen and see if it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Away right now and on mobile so will be curt

Don't feel it's a matter whether mirrored or not since local .flv files behave as expected but just to answer Qs:

1. Yes (mirrored)

2. Both matched (1280 x 768)

3. Do see desktop (obviously when I've not full-sized video), just not TMT Plat 3 Video...new info: where before I said see VIDEO_TS when non full-sized, well now this comes and goes...if this matters

Will try just PJ and no laptop later when I get back few from now (but how do I do that?)...EDIT: but then how would I go about navi and controlling TMT playback cuz laptop screen is off (RE TMT,no integration into WMC,tho I hear it can do that)??? Not using a remote,just keyboard and mouse. Vista HP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts