AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to use Windows, or perhaps the Nvidia control panel, to properly resize the image on the second monitor? My first monitor is a typical computer monitor, a 22" that is only capable of 1680x1050 resolution. The other is a 65" Mitsubishi 65837 television. I want to be able to see whatever my computer display is showing, on my television. This includes all icons and the taskbar.

I can do it, but the bottom, top, and sides are all shaved off. And when I go to try to refit the image for the TV, it tells me that I am in the wrong mode. That I must switch back to another mode, which does not let me view windows or icons or the taskbar. The other mode seems to only want to show the desktop background, and the cursor. As though someone would ever need that. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I tried resizing by using the TV itself, and the only option that I can find, is one that leaves a 2" black "frame" all around the image. So I think that the solution is going to have to be found in the software somewhere.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
There should be some settings in the Nvidia control panel to fix this. Poke around for something related to "overscan" or "underscan". I am currently using an ATI card so can't help you with specifics.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've been messing around with the Nvidia control panel, but it seems to want to do one of two things. Either "Extend" the display, which makes all my windows that I open on the desktop, only appear on the TV. Can't have that because its too big of a pain to deal with. Another problem with this method is that it only wants to show the cursor and the desktop background for some reason.

Or, it will "Duplicate" the display, but not adjust the image size for the TV. I get all my icons and an exact replica of my monitor just like I want, but all sides are cropped off. The annoying thing about this one is that if you set the TV to be the main monitor, you can resize it perfectly. But then, of course, the other monitor is jacked up and you've no option to fix it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/19539140

If you use the resize function on your HDTV it will have no effect on your other display. It works just fine for me.

Well either I can't find it in the menu, or I found it, and it royally sucks. All I can find that resizes the image is one button on the DirecTV remote. And it resizes it to where you can see everything, but its too small. You got a 2" black frame around the picture. I want it to actually fill the TV screen like it should.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaycoolJr
Well either I can't find it in the menu, or I found it, and it royally sucks. All I can find that resizes the image is one button on the DirecTV remote. And it resizes it to where you can see everything, but its too small. You got a 2" black frame around the picture. I want it to actually fill the TV screen like it should.
In the nvidia drivers (after you turn your HDTV on in drivers) look under "Adjust desktop size and position". Then click on your HDTV and you should see the option to resize your display's desktop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.