AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've done some maintenance on my Runco933 (replaced some centering rings on two tubes). Now I'm turning it back on and at first it didn't recognise my RGB signal. I pressed 2 on the remote and the signal was recognised under an old memory block.

So I tried to select my newer memory block and it says "selected scan number is not used" the runco says this with allmost all memory blocks.

Am I forgetting something (I am new to the Runco)?

Do I have to remake the memory blocks? That would not be a very big problem because I have to redo a complete setup

Thnx!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The Runco uses 'switch level 1' I think and also direct entry access in the settings menu. This forces the projector to select each signal line instead of multi syncing. Might try to hold the CTL button down then hit the number of the signal entry line.

On the NECs this function works for the first 10 signal entries, not on anything past 10.

How are you running your Runco? Doug

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Baisey /forum/post/0

The Runco uses 'switch level 1' I think and also direct entry

How are you running your Runco? Doug

I'm running it with a scaler and tried different resolutions that worked before. on rgbhv.

But I found a solution, I can make a new memory block and copy the data from the old block. This new memory block is also selectable.

After looking a little bit better at the info on the screen I saw that I can select the entry's that say RGB or Video in the column Input but not the entries that say M01 through Mxx. When I make a new entry it says input RGB too now so that is new behaviour. Before it would ask me something and make an input M01. I have made a lot of these M01 inputs but the former owner made allso M08 and other numbers.

I have no clue what input Mxx means, RGB and Video make sense to me.

Selecting with CTL did not work.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I meant how are you running now in the settings menu.

It sounds like you are in 'Standalone' now. Switchlevel 1 will give you M01 memories where Standalone will give RGB entries.

One problem about using a data copy from M01 is if the format is different and also I think Runco uses a format board. You can use temporary at the signal entry to build a new one if its needed. Another thing is the default data is using one of the MXX entries for the default.

The NEC uses the ISS controller / switcher to select the card slot number when in 'Switchlevel 1'. The card slot is the MXX number of which is selected. Runcos are different.

MXX= M then a number between 1 and 10 depending what card is selected in the ISS. Doug

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Baisey /forum/post/0

I meant how are you running now in the settings menu.

It sounds like you are in 'Standalone' now. Switchlevel 1 will give you M01 memories where Standalone will give RGB entries.

One problem about using a data copy from M01 is if the format is different and also I think Runco uses a format board. You can use temporary at the signal entry to build a new one if its needed. Another thing is the default data is using one of the MXX entries for the default.

The NEC uses the ISS controller / switcher to select the card slot number when in 'Switchlevel 1'. The card slot is the MXX number of which is selected. Runcos are different.

MXX= M then a number between 1 and 10 depending what card is selected in the ISS. Doug

I begin to understand it thnx

I checked the setting menu and it says switch level 1. But When I hit the input select button it says standalone mode. I tried switching between standalone switch level 1 and switch level 2 but it still says standalone.

However I do have the option to select the temporary data when making a new entry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.