1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup

Windows Vista Ultimate 32

Desktop Monitor

Sony Bravia LCD (1920x1080) connected through Yamaha RX-V1800.

Intel Quad2 Core 9550

ATI Radeon 4670 card & with 8.12 drivers installed.

(No Realtek installed yet,but have 5.1 sound anyway).

Desktop monitor is set to 1400x900 resolution ( no problem here ).

Sony Bravia is set to 1920x1080 but I'm having the problem to fill the screen.

The picture in the high resolution is smaller than if I lower the resolution.In any case I end up with black borders.If I run MPC or Power DVD,the picture is over scanned (can't access close button etc..).

Playing BD material with Pany DMP 55 gives me proper picture,so no problem with Sony LCD settings.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, on your video card, is it set to do 1920x1080 resolution to the Sony LCD?

Also, usually PC's usually don't spit out 1080p correctly to TV's, and most video card drivers include HD Picuture Resize to correctly adjust the image. If you read your TV's owners manual, they will even tell you this and how you need to adjust it when using HDMI. I know NVIDIA drivers include the utility to do this from personal experience, and I hope ATI does too.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolfo2 /forum/post/15593918

If I run MPC or Power DVD,the picture is over scanned (can't access close button etc..).

Can you turn off overscan, on your Bravia? I have a Sony XBR2 LCD and I can turn overscan off so the picture fills the screen properly without having to mess around with my video card's drivers/settings. For me, it's in Settings->Screen Settings->Display Area->Full Pixel. Your TV might have a similar setting.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Depends on the Sony Bravia. Either way you need to set the computer resolution to 1920X1080. Some Bravia's have a computer mode for 1:1 pixal mapping as commented on in the above post. If not you will have to use the ATI drivers to adjust overscan until the 1:1 pixel mapping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts