AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching HDTV's to game on (360) watch television, and movies.

I really like the 40-42" size and feel that would fit best in my living room, but would settle for 37". The room has a sliding glass door and two 4ft windows so it has moderate ambient light.

My major concern is ghosting/motion blur... I absolutely don't want to spend the money on a television and find that its succeptable to this. I haven't fully ruled out any specific format of television but am leaning towards LCD.

It seems like the Sony Aquos 1080p line is pretty highly regarded in the gaming community..anything else I should look into?

· Registered
3,801 Posts
Don't need 1080p unless you have a really big screen or are sitting very close.

Plasma will give you a better picture than lcd. It also does not have the lag and ghosting of the lcd.

Panasonic Plasma 42" 768p. You will not be dissapointed.

· Registered
3,801 Posts

· Registered
3,030 Posts
The problem with this question is your going to get 20 different answers from 20 different people. Oh well, I guess I might as well throw my opinion in too!

I went DLP. If you don't need to hang it on a wall or space isn't a real issue I think it gives you the most/best picture for your money. I've played my 360 on a 61" Samsung DLP and am completely happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.