AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched from a key digital transcoder to an ATI dongle many months ago. I have been very please with the resolutions I get and prefer to use it over the transcoder. The one thing I can't stand anymore is the Macrovision restriction on DVDs. I am at a point that will probably switch back to the transcoder if I don't find a solution. The most irritating issue is that I have DVDregionfree installed on my HTPC and I still get this message half of the time. Then I end up ripping the DVD to the hard drive and watch it that way. There are movies I don't want to rip to the HD, I just want to be able to pop the disc in and watch the movie. Am I asking a lot or are things going to get better in the future?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Make sure you select "check key every VOB file" under the region free section.

I use DVD RF w/ TT and never have a problem....and no, it won't get any better in the future.

MM: IMHO the purple adapter is better looking than a transcoder.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
does the adapter giver better PQ over the trancoder?
I can get 720p and 1080i with no problems on my grand wega with the dongle, whereas the transcoder I had to fiddle a lot just to get it working.

Quote:
Make sure you select "check key every VOB file" under the region free section.
Thanks karnis, I'll try that when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:
MM: IMHO the purple adapter is better looking than a transcoder
Is this because of the use of power strip and more resolutions. Would the new transcoder [from sticky thread on this forum] negate this.

I ask this cause I have the purple dongle, but having hard time getting it to work with a 9600 non-pro so I ordered the transcoder.

If PQ is much better with dongle maybe I'll spend more time and the rest of my hair trying to get it to work.

DRB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.