AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a good deal of the channels offered by my cable company i do not need the cable box ...

Because i ir blaster has it's own problems i wanted to split the cable from my decoder box to the back of the replay and just tell it the rf line in is analog cable for this area .. it find he guide no problem and the signal is fine .. EXCEPT the signal is for chan 2 , 3 or 4 depending on what i tell the box it is .. is their no way to tell it to tuns it's self? or is their no tuner in the unit? ... i didnt expect it to be able to tune above chan 99 ( whitch isnt broadcast over the analog signal anyway ) .. but i thought i would be able to tune to chan 70 etc. ...

am i going to have to put my old vcr inbetween the replay and the cable just to be able to tune it?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I take it you want to go straight cable into the RF. You should be able to do that if you select cable (not cable box) in setup.

You then need to route your cable box into one of the inputs. This is only possible if your cable box is capable of AV output (RCA jack). Assuming your cable box can do that, configure the input to cable box and will have both worlds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.