AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a MFW-15 a little while back and it gets here tomorrow. I'm stoked. I've been busy as hell with school and just finished my last final. Only have one English paper left due tomorrow night and I'm free.....for the next week and a half anyways.

I've been jonesing for bass so bad. A month ago we replaced our ****** HTIB setup with the Ascend 5.0 and have LOVED it, minus the lack of a woofer. I can only imagine how much different the MFW-15 is gonna be compared to the old sub.

Old sub was a passive sub with response rated 40Hz-150Hz. I already have Master and Commander, Iron Man, and Shoot Em Up standing by for the watching. I know there's a lot of setup involved in finding the ideal position, but I'm 90% sure I'm just gonna plop it down in the corner, plug it in and let it roll just to get me over the withdrawal symptoms.

On a side note, I decided to go with the MFW-15 because I didn't have the time to build a sub like I had originally wanted to do, and the MFW-15 seemed like the cheapest decent solution. Should I decide to build a sub later, is it worthwhile to try to add it to the MFW-15 or just design one to be a complete replacement and sell the MFW?

Btw, don't bother trying to start AVS drama or trying to kill my good mood with any kind of negativity...just remember karma is a ***** and my happiness will NOT be stolen today

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts
I remember when I got rid of a sub, and was living without one for a month, but it could have been allot less..I had that same feeling I was BASS thirsty ha. ha..Talk about bass head.

Good luck, and congrads on you new sub, I'm sure it's going to be a giant step up..

DJoel

·
Registered
639 Posts
It it better to go through times of no money with bass, then to go with no bass in times of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts