AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently inherited a Canton Karat AS-300 subwoofer from a friend. It powers up and detects an audio signal properly but the amplifier fails to generate any sound when an input signal is applied, even though it clearly is detecting it - the light turns on when the signal is applied and turns off after a short while when there is no signal.

I have removed the amplifier panel and examined it and there are no visible signs of component failure. A local shop that I took it to refused to work on it without a service manual and it isn't clear where to obtain one online.

This was a $1700 loudspeaker so I would really like to get it working. Would anyone have any leads to where I could get this? Alternatively, in the unlikely event that someone has had a similar problem, your advice would be welcomed!

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update in case anyone is interested. It turns out the amp is fine, the speaker driver (#7088) had failed. A quick call to Canton USA, asking for support and getting immediately through to a very helpful person and I'm able to order a replacement. Nice service!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts