AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I recently bought a TX-NR636 and attached 5 JAMO 360 speakers to it. They have no subwoofer included so I decided to buy the Canton SUB600. My question now is, how do I connect this subwoofer to my receiver to get the best quality possible? And which cable(s) should I use?

Thanks in advance!

JAMO speakers

ONKYO TX-NR636

CANTON SUB 600

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
You'd wire it like this:

There are two ways to set the crossover.
1) Let the AVR decide
2) Let the subwoofer decide.

Most of the time letting the AVR decide gives the best sound, and makes it controllable via remote.
To do that you just set the subwoofer crossover to by-pass or it's highest (in this case 200hz); inside the AVR you'd set it to 120hz (that's a good starting frequency, adjust it up or down to your tastes.)
I'd recommend setting the Amp mode to On, usually such circuits just get in the way of the sound (not worth saving the electricity for.)
For phase you'll probably want to start off at 0 or 180 (whichever is loudest is best, if no difference leave it at 0.)

A lot of people buy cables at monoprice, they work, are decent quality, and are cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd wire it like this:

There are two ways to set the crossover.
1) Let the AVR decide
2) Let the subwoofer decide.

Most of the time letting the AVR decide gives the best sound, and makes it controllable via remote.
To do that you just set the subwoofer crossover to by-pass or it's highest (in this case 200hz); inside the AVR you'd set it to 120hz (that's a good starting frequency, adjust it up or down to your tastes.)
I'd recommend setting the Amp mode to On, usually such circuits just get in the way of the sound (not worth saving the electricity for.)
For phase you'll probably want to start off at 0 or 180 (whichever is loudest is best, if no difference leave it at 0.)

A lot of people buy cables at monoprice, they work, are decent quality, and are cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814
Thanks alot for the detailed explanation! :)
So i only need 1 cable? Cause those on the link you sent me are double ones. Sry i'm kinda new to this.

thx!

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
meeze23 said:
So i only need 1 cable? Cause those on the link you sent me are double ones.
The double cables are just two single cables with fused casings. You can easily separate the cables into two (by slowly "peeling" them apart), and then use just one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts