AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to take a bit. Everything in my system has been installed and programmed by me. Almost everything I have I got used, and have traded, bartered and scrounged for. There are two rack/head end locations in the house, one in the basement, one in the master bedroom. I would like to keep a running list of all unused equipment at the same time, because like i said trading is always an option, so speak up if there is something you are interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We purchased the house in September of 2009. My wife and I are both from cape cod and really didn't want to leave our friends and family, so we purchased this house as a central location and ended up with long commutes for each of us! The house was built in 2005 and was in great shape, but there was no yard-scape done whatsoever! It is a two floor colonial, 3 bed 2.5 bath with a attached two car garage and a farmers porch on 1.25 acres.

My original inspection found the low voltage wiring in the house to be a joke! Why would anyone pull sooo little wire? There was a single RG6 in the living room, A cat5 phone in the kitchen and that's it for the first floor!the Second floor is where all the bedrooms are had a single cat5 phone in the master and a single RG6 to a splitter that fed all the bedrooms, and wouldn't tone out!

On to the show, but please remember all of this is a work in progress, i have had the cans and racks looking beautiful at times, and other times a complete disaster (like my main rack right now). This is the price of building such a system piece by piece. things are getting swapped on a almost daily basis.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started by pulling a couple miles of wire! the house had a half empty electrical panel and a 200 amp service so I am good for a bit as far as power is, but low voltage was a joke.

What I did was mounted a 42" panel in the basement and a 22" panel in the attic. Pulled cat5, cat6, RG6. RG11, crestnet and a bunch of alarm cable between both panels. Then dropped from the attic to the two kids rooms with1 RG6, 1cat5 and 1cat6.

then from basement to master bed rack location i pilled piles!! cat5,6, rg6, line level from and to, crestnet, speaker, you get the idea.

Ran a large harness from the basement panel to the basement rack location, as well as a 20amp outlet and separate breaker.

Installed the Network, all linksys/cisco gigabit stuff. 1 4 port wireless router, 3 8 port switches and a netgear stora with two 1 terabyte drives

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Starting with the basement:

The main rack is a Middle Atlantic server rack with front and rear rails, cause i love the depth and ability to mount on both sides.

Starting from the top as off aug 25 2011

Direct tv HR 24 whole home DVR for living room via HDMI and IP control

Rotel AM/FM Tuner rs232 control

Monster Cable surge suppressor

Crestron PRO 2

Escient SE-D1 via component, analog audio and fiber with IR control

Integra 50.1 for living room, also network tuner output from zone 3, ip control

Samsung bluray Via HDMI and component (at the same time) with analog audio and IR control

Sony 400 disk DVD changer controlled by the Escient

panamax surge for additional outlets

ADA suite 16 audio switch 16 source by 16 zone (never gonna max it) via rs 232

Audiocontrol 50watt by 12 amp, bridged channels running the dining room, the rest is empty

Parasound John Curl HCA 1206 130 watt by 6 running front porch, back yard and kitchen.

Original Sunfire 200watt by 5 running living surround

It also has an 8 port switch, a 4x2 component video switch and a crestron 75 watt power supply

Crestron CNRFGWA-418 for Universal remotes to talk to the Crestron system

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kitchen:

KEF Ci160.2QR getting 130 watts each off parasound amp

Universal remote PSX 2 IPOD dock IR controlled

Crestron QM-RMC to supply IR to IPOD dock via IP

Crestro TPS 6000 15" touch panel, going to be video monitor soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garage System (cause im a car guy!!)

NAD 7220PE integrated

RBH MC-6 Bookshelf speakers

Crestron ST-IO for garage door sensing and opening (work in progress, wires run, parts ready)

Crestron C2N-IIF holovision keypad kit, to open garage doors. in progress, Keypad mounted, wires run.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Living Room:

Panasonic GT 25 50" Plasma ir control off pro 2

Bay audio in walls for front speakers (need grills really bad if anyone has some)

Elan E91C 3 way in ceiling rear speakers

NO Center!! but sounds great anyway

Sunfire True Signature EQ monster sub

Universal Remote MX-900

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Master Bed System:

Fujitsu 50" plasma via component video and IR

Aerial 5A bookshelf speakers bi amped

RBH Sound TS 10AP 10" subwoofer

Elan E91C 3 way ceiling speakers

Again...no center speaker

Universal Remote MX-900

Crestron TPS-2000 touch panel

Master Bed Rack:

Xbox 360

Sony laptop dock

Direct TV HR-24 whole home DVR via IP

Crestron CNXRMCLV room control box

Middle Atlantic surge suppressor

Integra DTR 7.8 Bi amped fronts

Component Video feed from basement switch ( shared sources are Universal IPOD dock, Bluray, Escient video server

Audio feed from ADA Suite 16

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Older Daughters Room:

Fujitsu 42" plasma via IR

Direct TV sat reciever via IR

Integra DPS-6.9 dvd player Via RS232

Crestron CP-2E For room control via IP

Universal Remote MX 900

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Younger Daughters Room:

Panasonic TH42 9K 42" plasma via RS232

Direct TV SAT receiver via IR

Pioneer Elite dvd player via IR

Crestron CP-2E for room control via IP

Universal Remote MX 900

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Wow that's pretty awesome. I love the dedication and completeness of having something in all the rooms. We need more pics! lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/20868262

Wow that's pretty awesome. I love the dedication and completeness of having something in all the rooms. We need more pics! lol

Thank you! its been a lot of work, but is rewarding to see everyone in my house able to use the tech i have built in.

more pics to come

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Wow, that is a heck of a lot of wiring work! Everything looks like a clean install. Awesome job man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT /forum/post/20871076

Wow, that is a heck of a lot of wiring work! Everything looks like a clean install. Awesome job man.

I totally appreciate the comment, but some of it is such a mess! basement rack is embarrassing. i will show pics of it when i do a before and after!

I still need to move the bluray out of the basement and to the first floor, going down there to load a disk is a joke!

I also really need the IP module for the universal remote PSX-2 IPOD dock. Control worx is the only place that has it, and they want $300. I understand them wanting that kind of cash for another programmer that is going to use it multiple times but I only need it for me soo....for that cash I will probably just get a Crestron dock, I just need the metadata for the TP's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.