AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a THT according to the plans. On page 7 they show panel one being attached flush with the top of the first side with the cutout. On page 17, the finished picture shows the same panel, #1, being set a half inch lower with the top panel set in between the sides. The directions only state, "cut panel one and attach it to the side" with no mention of it being attached flush with the top or set lower like the picture on page 17 indicates.

Any suggestions? (-edit-answer: flush with top)

If I do set it flush with the top then the dimensions for the top panel will be incorrect, it would be about an inch too narrow to cover the entire top of the cab. If I recess it down to allow the top panel to drop in between the sides that would contradict what is being shown in the picture on page 7???

(don't pay too much attention to pictures included in plans, many are incorrect)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Can you keep all your THT questions in one thread?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, is there a logical reason to wait to install the access panel flange until all of the other panels are in the way? It seems like it would only make it harder to reach later.(answer; panels 2,3 and 4 are intended to be flush with access cutout so there is no reason to install access panel flange early)

·
Registered
10,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18201043

Also, is there a logical reason to wait to install the access panel flange until all of the other panels are in the way? It seems like it would only make it harder to reach later.

the access panel flange gets attached to the other panels. I think you need to take some time and read and re-read the plans =]

Also, the pictures on 16/17 are wrong. the panel goes to the top

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
IITP........think I've read that somewhere.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A /forum/post/18201090

IITP........think I've read that somewhere.

You mean IBTP?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have read the plans many times, as well as looked through most of the build threads.

After repeatedly seeing everybody including the man who wrote the plans say to follow the plans I figured that the pictues would be accurate and the plans and pictures would be in agreement. However I have noticed that some of the pictures indicate that the top panel sits on top of panel 1, others indicate that it sits inside of panel 1. It also appears from the pictures that I have seen in many build threads that it has been done at least 3 different ways, I now see why so many people have ended up with measurements that were off.

I would imagine that I am not the first person to realize this inaccuracy but I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere in any of the build threads.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just make one build thread so we can keep track of all your questions...

you woman

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Supply /forum/post/18201351

Just make one build thread so we can keep track of all your questions...

you woman

I will be happy to make this my official build thread. I didn't want to name it that because I didn't want to have to post a bunch of pictues and didn't expect to have questions right out of the gate.

·
Registered
901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18201365

I will be happy to make this my official build thread. I didn't want to name it that because I didn't want to have to post a bunch of pictues and didn't expect to have questions right out of the gate.

Just change the name of the thread

Build threads are for pictures, questions is bullsh!tting.....

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Weve got us another MJ79 on our hands lol. Nothing wrong with that though hes A-OK in my book
. Maybe slow down, do one planel at a time, and put a little something in the air
. But dont take my advice it's useless!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18201827

Weve got us another MJ79 on our hands lol. Nothing wrong with that though hes A-OK in my book
. Maybe slow down, do one planel at a time, and put a little something in the air
. But dont take my advice it's useless!

bite me post wh0re! my issues were twisted crap ass lumber, and the horrible cutsheet

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/18201928

bite me post wh0re! my issues were twisted crap ass lumber, and the horrible cutsheet

LOL, sure you know whay they say about excuses, "Every........
NEED I GO ON! HAHA. Were all still learning and some just have an easier path than others.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18201936

LOL, sure you know whay they say about excuses, "Every........
NEED I GO ON! HAHA. Were all still learning and some just have an easier path than others.

By all means , Go on !!

But I do wonder why my amp smells funny

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/18201967

But I do wonder why my amp smells funny

Perhaps, you got the special edition, scratch and sniff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again for the advice from those who offered it as well as the laughs! If there is a moderator around here please feel free to delete, rename or modify my thread/s any way you see fit. I am not a forum etiquette expert.

Mr. Fitzmaurice, if you happen to read this may I suggest making changes to the pictures on pages 17, 18 and 20 to reflect the proper installation of panel 1. Those three pictures all appear to indicate incorrect installation of that panel.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaris /forum/post/18201139

You mean IBTP?
"It's In The Plans!", I believe was the mantra, but I could be mistaken. Bill has addressed this issue numerous times in several threads & threw it in my direction once or twice when I had questions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A /forum/post/18202924

"It's In The Plans!", I believe was the mantra, but I could be mistaken. Bill has addressed this issue numerous times in several threads & threw it in my direction once or twice when I had questions.

Whats in the plans? Incorrect pictures and vague directions? If this issue has been addressed why haven't the changes been made to the plans?

·
Registered
295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18203063

Whats in the plans? Incorrect pictures and vague directions? If this issue has been addressed why haven't the changes been made to the plans?

Bill's response in other build threads were to some of the questions being asked with regards to things that were already specified in the plans such as the THT placement, the type of wood (mdf?) used, size of driver, etc. I don't recall reading about incorrect pictures or vague directions, but maybe I just missed something.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts