Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to use my ATI Radeon 7500 AIW to capture from TV and to do time-shifting on Windows XP Pro.

I have been capturing stuff using VirtualDub without any problems. Now I tried using Intervideo's WinDVR and Showshifter and the result of the capture is always stuttering (regardless which compression mechanism I use). But it is not stuttering in a dropped frame fashion, instead the video is continuous for one second and then hangs for one second and so on. The only explaination I have is that VirtualDub is probably accessing the capture device through different drivers.

Has anybody seen this sort of problem before? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Thomas

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have never had it, but I have heard of it. Usually caused by drivers. Both of these programs are having DirectShow trouble with the Catalyst 3.2 drivers.

But it could also be caused by a bad filter. If I were you, I would go into ShowShifter and hit the wrench up at the top, then choose Support Report. Fill it out (scroll down past all the support links) and send it in. The support Report takes a detailed snapshot of your machine while you are running Showshifter. Maybe, they can see what the problem is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I installed the XP service pack 1 and a driver update for Creative devices from Microsoft.com. And suddenly it worked...

I don't know why, but I am now happy that it works :-D

Thanks, Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.