AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking this question of behalf of my cousin.

He built a 12" DVC TC-2000 sealed sub for his car and is trying to power it with hifonic 1206D amplifier. - Now the amp states that its fuctions at 900 watts at 2ohm and 450 and 4ohm.

The way its wired is that:

Positive out from the amp to one of the positives on the TC-2000 and Negative our from the amp to the opposite negative on the TC-2000. and then between the two sets of terminals on the TC-2000, we have positive to positive and negative to negative.

However, we we test it, we meter reads 450watts.

When we removes the connection between the two sets of terminals and just hooked up one set of the the TC-2000 terminals to the amp, it still reads 450watts.

Is something wrong with the wiring? amp? TC-2000? how would you go on about diagnosing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Does the meter max out at 450watts? I am highly incredulous that you found an amp that delivers exactly its spec'd power, not a watt more, not a watt less.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rlj,

The link you provided is my cousin's. Well I'm glad people here are helping him out. I guess I will let him log on here and ask questions himself. But reading the post there, I think he has alot of help already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts