AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in the market for a projector and I have not place locally to view any projectors. My wife and especially my daugther get car sick easily. Do any of you that see the RBE also get car sick? I was just wondering if there might be a correlation. Thanks

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Carsick - Yes .... Seasick - Yes

Rainbows? I really have to try to see them on a 2x color wheel. Can't see them on anything higher.

·
Registered
916 Posts
car sick - NO, Sea sick, NO

Rainbows and headaches, YES

The first two are related to the vestibular system in your inner ear. The latter is due to persistance of vision and eye strain.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you folks very much for the responses. It was a concern of mine, I think I can put that to rest.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If you have too big of a screen (or sit too close) you can get very 'carsick' on some movies! You may want to watch a few films on the bare wall before committing to a screen size to ensure the feature isn't too big for the others.

(FYI, no, no, and yes.)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire99
If you have too big of a screen (or sit too close) you can get very 'carsick' on some movies! You may want to watch a few films on the bare wall before committing to a screen size to ensure the feature isn't too big for the others.
TV shows can be the worst, flying cameras, odd tilt angles, jerky camera motions, may all add up to excitement on the 27" tube but blown up to 100" and the result is motion sickness.

·
Registered
282 Posts

If you have too big of a screen (or sit too close) you can get very 'carsick' on some movies!
Boy, do I know this! A couple of years ago, I arrived home from a trip to Italy. After the 11-hour flight I was sleep deprived and jet lagged, and my friends who came to pick me up were on their way to the movies to see "The Blair Witch Project". When we got to the theater it was nearly full, the only seats available were in the front row :eek:

I nearly tossed my cookies several times during the movie :D

Mike

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Rainbows on anything 4x and bellow. Headaches on all single chippers.

I don't get car sick unless I try to read while driving.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
if you are reading while you are driving you have bigger problems :)

BTW I read in the bus or other moving vehicle all the time without problems

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyP
if you are reading while you are driving you have bigger problems :)
That'll explain all those tickets I've been getting... ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
my wife gets car sick, but has never mentioned seeing a rainbow (I see them occasionally and have chosen not to mention their existence to her...ignorance is bliss). She has felt a little 'car sick' when sitting in the front row which is just a hair under ~1.5X screen width. We typically sit in the back row which is 2X screen width and she has never had a motion sickness problem in that row.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.