AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currentally have 5.1 htib and its like 3 years old and it aint sounding to good. i can get some cheap car speakers from my friend for cheap so is there a way to hook them up to my reciever and make it so they work

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Sure, design and build a box... But a lot of car speakers don't have T/S parameters available to help design an optimal box...

·
Registered
474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5012lover /forum/post/0

i currentally have 5.1 htib and its like 3 years old and it aint sounding to good. i can get some cheap car speakers from my friend for cheap so is there a way to hook them up to my reciever and make it so they work

I just took my old Infinity Perfect components out of my old car, and put them into a box I built over Christmas. The box is really really ugly (well constructed, but ugly), the speaker itself is very transparent. The bass response is not as good as my Paradigm Studio 20s, and the tweeters are a little harsh. For now, I have it in my parents' surround system, and it is the best sounding speaker.

When you do this, just make sure your amp can handle a 4 ohm load. Car speakers tend to be fairly efficient, so most of the time you should be OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.