AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just gotten done with my autotuba, i want more. I want louder! and i'm wondering what the best route to go is? I have a 97 accord so the space i have to work with is like 15x30x32. Any ideas? thoughts? I'm open to anything.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18158809

Having just gotten done with my autotuba, i want more. I want louder! and i'm wondering what the best route to go is? I have a 97 accord so the space i have to work with is like 15x30x32. Any ideas? thoughts? I'm open to anything.

you dont like the Car audio section, or do you want a mini tht in your car?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
pure spl? sql? Do you want a ground pounder or a daily driver In car comes down to cone area, in a trunk that size, id say 2 12s, But Ill wait til you say what your actually looking for

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
hey asshat you gotta stick your thread in the caraudio section like me and let your **** get ignored and die there like mine

jerk

jk horns in cars..hah!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spl and sound quality. Spl is more important to me than sound quality to be honest. At least in my car. The reason i didn't post in the car audio section is because its a deadland over there. :b like kryptonite said. I was contemplating putting my tht in my backseat. Buttt it would block the rear window and take up 3 of my seats. So what are we thinking?

I was thinking a 15" driver in like a 32hz ported box, probably slot ported. But idk if that would be enough?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18161502

Spl and sound quality. Spl is more important to me than sound quality to be honest. At least in my car. The reason i didn't post in the car audio section is because its a deadland over there. :b like kryptonite said. I was contemplating putting my tht in my backseat. Buttt it would block the rear window and take up 3 of my seats. So what are we thinking?

I was thinking a 15" driver in like a 32hz ported box, probably slot ported. But idk if that would be enough?

meh you could.. But im gonna tell you right now 90% of the time 2 12s are gonna give you much higher spl levels than a solo15.. Plus , you dont have alot of room for @ 6 cf box for a good 15.. Your trunk seems avg sized, probably 7 CF or so, I would go 2 12s in a 4-5 CF box tuned to the 34-36 hz area for you.. Im still competing in MECA and DBDrag events, and CA was my background for 10 yrs prior to now.. So if you want some ideas lemme know.

How much do you wanna spend TOTAL. For amps and subs,and wire and all the setup stuff? What kind of power do you want ? 1k 5k? Lots of questions need answers mang

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18161502

have you heard of Pete "Hexibase" Kuliki?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/18161615

have you heard of Pete "Hexibase" Kuliki?

Sounds like a superhero to me

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately i do have to go as cheap as possible. If two twelves will work thats fine, i was just thinking a single 15 to save a little on the driver. So for 12's what are my options? Type r's? Kicker l7's? I would build the box of course.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Why ported just for the extra output? I guess in your trunk it doesnt matter since ****s rattling insanely anywho. Ive had 3 ported 12"s in the rear of an expedition and then went to sealed with more power. I ran 3 1k watt amps one for each sub. And i prefered the sealed setup much more so over the ported for SQ. But thats just me i am a nut i spent a hell of alot of money on stuff to help elminate the rattles. All that rattled in my expedition was my liscnese plate, side view mirros, and my rear view mirror which was falling off more than hanging up there haha. But i guess in a trunk your screwed its going to rattle to all hell and back unless you cement that sucker lol.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh i don't mind the rattles so much, lets people know i have a sub. I will take care of the rattles in cabin later on. The moonroof and door panels and such.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
yea you want ported in car, You gain aLOT more than sealed.. As far as type r s and Kicker.. Lol if you wanna waste your money on mainstream go ahead.. You still havent said a budget...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The budget it LOW!
Say... 5-6 hundred for the drivers and amp max. Thats with searching around for deals.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18161755

Ahh i don't mind the rattles so much, lets people know i have a sub. I will take care of the rattles in cabin later on. The moonroof and door panels and such.

your trunk and your rear license plate are gonna be your biggest issues anyways

Let ppl know you have a suB? lol You WANT your stufff stolen? .. Im @ 146.x , Legal ( which means windows up, sensor on the dash ) on the termlab rta @ 46 hz in my grand am ( which is my comp car ) and you can barely hear I have a system with everything sealed up

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i've very proud of you.
But i live in a great neighborhood and i'm not worried about anything getting stolen. And i will dynamat it later on!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18161778

The budget it LOW!
Say... 5-6 hundred for the drivers and amp max. Thats with searching around for deals.

Damn man, your on that small of a budget and you choose L7s??? Arent they like $300+ per?

Na , you gotta go ID , I love pulling up to a show and ppl have no idea what im running, then still have no clue once I show them, then walk all over their jls, kickers, and rockfords.. Ive run 6 different setups in the past 5 years from JL w7s ( Which I dont care what ppl say about them not being spl drivers, they sure can be, but not for 600 a pop
) DD, Fi audio, RE audio, and now the subs I run now are DC soundlab, which are my favorites so far..

I suggest to you 2 DC LEvel 3 - 12s.... and a sundown audio sa z1000d .. Very quality amps, put out rated power + some, and are built as solid as anything out there

Dunno if this sale is still going down, But heres the amp

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ale-price.html

And the subs - Just scroll down to level 3

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/18161809

Well i've very proud of you.
But i live in a great neighborhood and i'm not worried about anything getting stolen. And i will dynamat it later on!

Yea I knew youd be proud
and trust me.. If ppl hear your stuff it doesnt matter where you live its gone... Ive had break ins in a gated community , Just a heads up

dynamat is an extremely overpriced second skin

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

1 - 20 of 117 Posts