AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone,

I have a light controlled room, all dark non-reflective  surfaces with an Optoma HD25e pj, optimal throw distance. I am planning on building a 120"-135"

screen, AT is not a concern. What will give me the best picture, Carl's Flexiwhite or Matte Black Spandex with Matte Light Silver Spandex Top layer? I very much appreciate your knowlegde, MM and others. TIA.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,199 Posts
For some, "Optimal Throw" means smack dab in the middle of the stated available length....which is not always what is optimal.

The PJs Contrast, Lumen output, Screen size and the Screen's make-up also come into play.

In this case, the PJ in question has a somewhat longer throw than most DLPs "Os" (...a whole 3'
)

If 3D is in your future, you want brightness, and the 25e has that in abundance. It's DLP variety 20,000:1 CR is also a big asset.

All that said, and taking into consideration ease of build and expense of components, I would suggest "White" Milliskin for a Top layer over either Black or Silver Milliskin.

The Flexiwhite would be good if it was going to be painted, but as is it's not going to give you all the various above advantages of the Spandex screen.

And........welcome to the DIY Screen Forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts