AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like Cars is being pushed to a possible september release instead of june 5th.

from hi-def digest:

"Citing a need for greater mainstream hardware penetration, Disney will not be dipping into its vault of classic animated titles on Blu-ray in 2007. However, news is "forthcoming" on the studio's long-range animation on Blu-ray plans."

huh huh, he said hardware penetration.

jokes aside, i think it's kinda idiotic to cite lack of hardware sold as a reason not to release new material. who's going to buy the hardware when there are no software to play? just look at the lack of sales of the ps3 as a prime example, there are more ppl claiming they didnt buy b/c there are no games to play than there are ppl complaining about the price.

ppl are lookin for reasons to buy the hardware, yet the software distributors aren't willing to provide them until ppl buy the hardware.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yeah, I just saw that before heading over here. I'm definitely disappointed, but it's not surprising. Disney has always done that "for a limited engagement" crap, and if they did that with Cars it would be problematic to stick with that policy. I was honestly shocked when they announced Cars for a 2007 release for that reason, though they must understand that if they are going to be a BD supporter they have to put out compelling content. So far, they haven't put out any animation content worth a crap on BD. At least they didn't cancel PotC 1 & 2.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/0

looks like Cars is being pushed to a possible september release instead of june 5th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/0

i think it's kinda idiotic to cite lack of hardware sold as a reason not to release new material. who's going to buy the hardware when there are no software to play? just look at the lack of sales of the ps3 as a prime example, there are more ppl claiming they didnt buy b/c there are no games to play than there are ppl complaining about the price.

ppl are lookin for reasons to buy the hardware, yet the software distributors aren't willing to provide them until ppl buy the hardware.

First of all, HighDefDigest.com is kind of late to the game regarding "Cars" being pushed back.

Second of all, this is not a big surprise as Disney waited for more hardware penetration to release their "popular" animated titles on DVD as well...

~Alan

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm sure there is going to be another Disney is going neutral rumor.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon /forum/post/0

Second of all, this is not a big surprise as Disney waited for more hardware penetration to release their "popular" animated titles on DVD as well...

No, not a huge surprise. As you mention, they waited until Dec. 1999 (with 5.5 million DVD players) to release classic animation.

However, it would be nice if Disney would stop with this crap (from Disney DVDs in October 2006):

If you're not going to put out the classic stuff, stop pretending like you are.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboisvert /forum/post/0

If you're not going to put out the classic stuff, stop pretending like you are.

True, but it's possible that they may be out later this year... or it's possible they just wanted to screw with people.

A lot of people tend to talk bad about Sony because they feel they play "dirty tricks," but Disney's the studio KNOWN for "dirty tricks."

~Alan

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
"Second of all, this is not a big surprise as Disney waited for more hardware penetration to release their "popular" animated titles on DVD as well."

It may not be surprising but after all the CES chest thumping from BLU-RAY studios and the BDA it is starting to border on false advertising. With Disney and Fox no where to be seen where is the massive Studio Advantage that BLU-RAY is suppose to have? As a BLU-RAy owner this kind of crap is starting to piss me off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.