AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more outputs than the four provided by the built-in multiswitch of my Directv satellite dish. When adding a cascadable multiswitch into the path, how many inputs do I need to connect into it?

I'm of the understanding that I only need to connect two cables from the output of the built-in multiswitch into the cascadable switch. Is this correct? If so, can I connect the other two outputs from the built-in multiswitch to a second cascadable switch for even more outputs?

Thanks for any help or guidance.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Sorry. All 4 are required. You must have at least a cascadable 4x8 or 5x8 external multiswitch. 2 lines or use of a 2x8 or 3x8 will only get Sat A.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Quote:
how many inputs do I need to connect into it?
All four if you want to get signals from all three satellite locations.

Quote:
I'm of the understanding that I only need to connect two cables from the output of the built-in multiswitch into the cascadable switch. Is this correct?
It will work but you will only get programming from the 101 location out of the cascadable switch.

-Robert

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you only need eight outputs or less, then one switch, with all FOUR outputs to the multiswitch.

If you need between 8 and 16 outputs (common with multiple directivos in use), you need two 5x8 cascadable multiswitches each with four inputs from the dish. To use two multiswitches, for 16 outputs, you need four special splitters (one on each output from the dish). Then four from the dish can be input into the two switches. If you email eagle aspen, they will send you a diagram and the specs for what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.