AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

I want to build a HTPC with a H55 board, yet undecided which one...but probably the Intel or the MSI. (Micro-Atx)

Do you have any recommendations or cases to avoid with these boards?

If possible, I would like it to contain 1 BlueRay drive and maybe 2 x 3.5 HDD, or at least 1

Thanks, Mads

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru /forum/post/18110080

Aren't H55 boards typically just mATX? If so, what would be special about a H55 board that would change the suitability as compared to any other mATX board.

You may be right that there is nothing special about it...I just wanted to make sure i didnt buy a casing that had caused other people problems with fitting..so I guess I should rephrase the question:

Can you recommend a microATX casing for HTPC usage, that is relatively easy to work with and does not take too much customization? (As I am a rookie in this field)

Specifically, I am considering the Antec NSK1380....but very open to suggestions

Thx, M

· Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiver /forum/post/18113564

Can you recommend a microATX casing for HTPC usage, that is relatively easy to work with and does not take too much customization? (As I am a rookie in this field)

There are numerous threads over time in this form on all sorts of cases. Do a search for them. Newegg also has an entire section for HTPC cases. Just do a power search and narrow down the list based on form factor. You can also match a variety of other criterias such as display, number of drive bays, IR, card readers, color, etc.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru /forum/post/18115063

There are numerous threads over time in this form on all sorts of cases. Do a search for them. Newegg also has an entire section for HTPC cases. Just do a power search and narrow down the list based on form factor. You can also match a variety of other criterias such as display, number of drive bays, IR, card readers, color, etc.

Allright will do.

That Silverstone GD04 looks pretty cool BTW!

Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.