Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

I got this for my htpc : http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/blasterpc/index.asp

works pretty good, I got it b/c mainly of SB Platinum http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ... but anyway , it's a little too big, and doesn't look right by my TV : ) .... I want to transfer everything from it to a new little , desktop like, case ... so , any suggestions for the case that will support Micro ATX mb, and be pretty small in itself : ) like a Book PC ...

thanks...

p.s. I only need 1 5.5" bay , and no 3.5" ; )... but that's optional requirements

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have you really looked at how this is put together? It looks to me like it's a fairly customized case, and you may have trouble retaining all the functionality in a new case. In particular, it looks from the picture like all the stuff that would normally be in a Live!Drive is integrated into the case itself. Moving those ports to the new case might require a lot of homemade modifications.

As far as mATX support, my understanding is that most cases that support ATX will also support mATX. mATX is basically the same form factor, but with one end of the board cut off (thus losing a few expansion slots). FlexATX, on the other hand, may require a custom case.

------------------

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. -Ivanova, B5

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dcheesi : yes, I will have to make a little of modifications to the new case, for that live drive panel, and that remote receiver , I don't need volume changer ,b/c it doesn't work anyway ; ) ...

those modification shouldn't be very hard...

and I'm just looking for the smallest microATX, desktop like case that I can find ...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
anton_r,

The motherboard is an full ATX form factor motherboard. You will not be able to put it in an MATX case.

Gireesh.

------------------

Stop DFAST

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.