AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I happened to be surfing channels and came across CASPER on STARZ ... it sounded awesome (DLPII sound via Denon).

Having never seen that movie (sorry, I never go to the movie theater) ... I tried to get hold of the DVD version.

Alas ... all they have is VHS.

HOW can they forget to get this out on DVD when they have stuff like "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School " on DVD ?

Who is manning the booth ?

Max

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
There is a DTS LD that many regard as the best sounding LD ever released.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank527
There is a DTS LD that many regard as the best sounding LD ever released.
I eagerly await this movie on DVD since the day it was Reviewed along side the LD DTS of Jurassic Park. I hope when they do get it out on DVD that the audio would be DTS at 1536 kbps and not the current half bitrate DTS. This is one of the Movie that the surround has alot of activity.

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Hank,

I have the Casper DTS LD, and it is definetly one of the best sounding, system threatening soundtracks to date!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
 http://www.davisdvd.com/News/daily_news.htm
Quote:
Universal Home Video has just announced a few exciting new discs. Casper, the cutest little dead boy you'll likely ever see, finally makes his way onto DVD. Available in separate 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen releases, the disc will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround audio tracks. Extras, if any, have yet TBA (the Casper DTS laserdisc has one of the best home surround mixes ever, so this one's going to be a good demo disc if you're a show-off).

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
The 1995 movie with Bill Pullman and Eric Idle? I did see the movie, and it did not strike me as having a great soundtrack, maybe I blacked out due to the crappy story and dialog. The movie itself was very bad, as I recall. Still despite how poor I think the film itself is, I'm surprised it hasn't been released on DVD.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I find it fascinating that people almost NEVER talk about the movie itself, but only the soundtrack (much like the Haunting in that respect). That tells me a lot about the merits of the film (or lack therof).

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
The wrecking ball drop ealy on in the film is the most dangerous recording I have experienced.

If thisd does come out, lower the volume on that scene.

It is killer on the DTS track.

I agree, it may be the best home video recording ever - certainly the best DTS to date.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
 http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/07_07.html
Quote:
Who's the friendliest ghost you know? On September 23rd, Universal Studios Home Video will at long last debut the spooky family hit Casper, which has yet to make its DVD premiere. Available in separate anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, each includes Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, a making-of documentary originally produced for laserdisc but has never been seen until now, plus the usual filmographies, production notes and trailers. Retail is $19.95.

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Make sure you prepare your subs!

THe wrecking ball drop is terribly powerful!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.