AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Based on my research I have narrowed the field down to the group below.  Out of these options, which one would you take home.  At this point, I am pretty sure that I would be happy with any of them but wonder if given the same choice, which would you chose?

Option 1: Samsung 65” F8000 for $2,480

Option 2: Samsung 65” F9000 for $2,625

Option 3:  Samsung 64” F8500 (Plasma)  for $2,500

Option 4: Sharp 70” UQ for $2,800

Option 5: Sony 65” KDL65W850A for $2,250

Option 6: Wait for the 70” Vizio P Series which has lots of potential…but you know what they say about potential.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What will be your main uses?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarius  /t/1525504/cast-a-vote#post_24560348

What will be your main uses?
Watching sports and regular DirecTv HD programing mostly.  Playing PS3 (mostly offline) with my boys.  Watching a few DVD's each month.  We have slow internet so the "Smart" features really are not a huge draw for me.  I like the idea of having the option of watching a movie in 3D if it does not take away from the overall 2D PQ.  Honestly, I have NEVER looked at a television and thought "Man that is a bad picture".  With that said, I have read enough on here now that I am concerned that my ignorance has been ruined so I would like the most bang for my buck.  Was leaning hard towards the F8000 (because of its reputation) or the F9000 (assuming it is as good as the 8000 plus some features) but I am concerned that I will regret giving up the 5" of screen real estate.  With that said I am moving up from a 52" so I am sure that the difference between 52 and 65 will be substantial.  To this point I have had some really great advise and this forum and I was sort of hoping that 100 people would chime in and all cast the same vote making it easy on me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Personally I'd go the Sony for latency, and if not then the Sharp for size. Although I own a Samsung Plasma, the sets never blow me away materially more than others in store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts