·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I noticed that there are now three versions of Cast Away available:

Cast Away (Full Screen)

Cast Away (Special Edition) [2 discs] Listed as having DD and DTS-ES

Cast Away (Wide Screen) Listed as having DD-EX and DTS-ES

Obviously I'm not interested in the "Full screen" version, but there are some interesting things here. The first is that they seemed to have corrected the listed aspect ratio and now the WS version is (correctly) listed as 1.85. But also it's listed as having DD-EX instead of "regular" DD. Can anyone confirm this difference and does anyone know if the video transfer and compression ratio are the same? The widescreen version came out this march, instead of last june for the double-disc special edition, which is why I ask. On one hand, it could be better since it's a newer disc, and on the other hand, it could be worse because of the increased size the DD-EX takes... Thanks!

And yes, I did a search... :)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
The word is fool screen not full screen. I came up with that word version all by my lonesome. Only a unknowledgeable joe six pack or complete fool will buy those DVD which are only good for a non waranteed burn in on your expensive HDTV.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that :), I'm just trying to see if there's any picture difference between the two widescreen versions...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
The word is fool screen not full screen. I came up with that word version all by my lonesome. Only a unknowledgeable joe six pack or complete fool will buy those DVD which are only good for a non waranteed burn in on your expensive HDTV.:)
Depends on what the aspect ratio of your HDTV is Hob :)

Petey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.