AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cat 10.12 is out. I guess AMD has been listening to complaints about the CCC interface and they've provided a beta download of a CCC with a new GUI. I'm not sure if I like it yet but it does seem to be an improvement. You can also download a version with the old CCC if you don't want to be a beta tester. The driver download also includes an updated HDMI driver. It doesn't fix the silent stream issue (though I'm beginning to think that's a non-fixable problem and is due to all the code gyrations a system must endure to enable a PAP) but it did function flawlessly in TMT5 for the limited amount of testing I did.


Anyway, if 10.12 causes problems, or fixes issues for you, please chime in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Good to see they are listening.. But wasn`t the silent stream bug resolved in 10.8 or smth like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
They changed the HDMI audio driver again? They just changed it in 10.11 and I just got the new hotfix for TMT and the silent stream bug so everything in my rig is working perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
10.12 makes my movies briefly flash green on TMT3/TMT5 if I skip a chapter. Also, unless I use reclock, I get the ungodly loud static that I used to get with 10.8 if I didn't use reclock.


Other than the new catalyst interface (which will take some time to get used to), I don't see what was "improved".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg /forum/post/19645067


Do these drivers fix the "buzzing" sound on resume from sleep that some of us having been suffering since 10.10?

That got fixed for me in 10.11 and it started from 10.9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog51 /forum/post/19645036


They changed the HDMI audio driver again? They just changed it in 10.11 and I just got the new hotfix for TMT and the silent stream bug so everything in my rig is working perfectly.

I have the 10.11 Arcsoft hotfix installed and the latest driver seems to work just fine with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Has anyone tried h264 SD content (below 720p) to see if they finally fixed the DXVA bug that won't allow hardware acceleration without video corruption?


I mean, come on AMD. It's been broken since 10.2. I couldn't care less about the UI... fix the dang DXVA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett /forum/post/19647275


Has anyone tried h264 SD content (below 720p) to see if they finally fixed the DXVA bug that won't allow hardware acceleration without video corruption?


I mean, come on AMD. It's been broken since 10.2. I couldn't care less about the UI... fix the dang DXVA!

I read on another forum that that particular bug is indeed fixed now and that 480p with DXVA is smooth as butter. Haven't tested it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromain /forum/post/19644442


It doesn't fix the silent stream issue (though I'm beginning to think that's a non-fixable problem and is due to all the code gyrations a system must endure to enable a PAP) but it did function flawlessly in TMT5 for the limited amount of testing I did.

The Realtek driver doesn't suffer from the silent stream issue and does PAP just fine. Just doesn't work out of the box with TMT, but IIRC you can use ReClock to fix that.


IMO it works better than the native AMD driver. It doesn't require you to disable MC sounds, and the AMD driver even when you disable MC sounds, doesn't let you fast-forward 2x and still hear audio, like it should normally do (it will require you to stop and play in order to resume normal play).


Last time I checked the AMD driver even without the silent stream bug still suffered from a couple of seconds of delay after you paused or skipped video in MPC-HC and ffdshow, possibly using other players/filters as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o
The Realtek driver doesn't suffer from the silent stream issue and does PAP just fine. Just doesn't work out of the box with TMT, but IIRC you can use ReClock to fix that.


IMO it works better than the native AMD driver. It doesn't require you to disable MC sounds, and the AMD driver even when you disable MC sounds, doesn't let you fast-forward 2x and still hear audio, like it should normally do (it will require you to stop and play in order to resume normal play).


Last time I checked the AMD driver even without the silent stream bug still suffered from a couple of seconds of delay after you paused or skipped video in MPC-HC and ffdshow, possibly using other players/filters as well.
I am able to use the AMD driver without disabling MC sounds and audio still works with 2x FF. I have a 5.1 setup, and setting the speaker configuration to 5.1 gives me all sorts of issues. The workaround for me has been to select 7.1, and uncheck one pair of surround speakers. The only audio issue for me with this configuration is the silent stream bug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o
Huh? What's the "HDMI pause bug"?
I've had this issue with the ATI HDMI audio drive after 10.7. If I'm playing a movie through Arcsoft TMT 3 and I pause, or fast skip chapters, the audio becomes garbled until I change the audio stream from the movie menu.


I've been installing the newer Catalyst sets without the HDMI drive, and it works just fine.


Mr Zoid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,813 Posts
I think that happened when they fixed the silent stream. If you use ReClock you could bypass it. If you're using ReClock anyway, I'd recommend the Realtek driver, but either will do anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top