· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I wish they would add 1440x960 :(

· Registered
1,143 Posts
I upgraded to this driver and it negatively impacts the colors on my desktop and for video playback. Everything has a reddish tint now.

I am using a DVI connected flat panel so everything is digital. I used standard express install.

I reverted back to 4.9 and the red tint is gone.

Cheers

Thomas

· Registered
159 Posts
anyone try the 'force TV' option? Does this allow you to use 1280x720 (native on my Sammy DLP?) I have always had to use Rage3D to enable 1280x720...

Anyone know if this will make this work with DLPs over DVI? I have never gotten that to work...

· Registered
1,139 Posts
It's been some time since I upgraded my ATI drivers and off hand I don't even recall what drivers I have installed. I have a Mike Parker modified ATI 9500pro with RGB H/V out running to a NEC 9pg+ CRT pj. I am using Powerstrip to scale to 1280X720. If I install the new 4.10 drivers will I still need Powerstrip or will I be able to scale to 1280X720 without Powerstrip?

Don

· Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
I don't know if this was in 4.9 or not, but there's now a "WMV Acceleration" button under the Options tab of the control panel.
Is it working though? I ran several tests with/without it enabled and it still seems to be CPU decoding., infact I saw virtually no difference. Very high CPU use with WMV HD files using an AIW 9700pro and 2.3GHz barton CPU.

· Registered
213 Posts
Where are you guys finding the WMV accelerate botton? I can't find it anywhere in the Control Center or desktop properties. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks,

MR

· Registered
6,653 Posts
TT 2.0 has vastly improved WMV HD performance. I play 720p files @ ~ 45% CPU load and I can now play T2:EE 1080p for the first time stutter free @ ~85%.

This really reduces the need for WMV HD HW acceleration!

I believe you must have WMP 10 for that anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.