AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every home theatre room I've seen on the internet has a flat ceiling.

I have my surround sound already hooked up and I have a 40" tube Mits. TV that we are using now. I was throwing around the idea a getting a 106" screen with a front projection. What are the drawdacks to this idea. I have a large great room, I'm sure I will sacrifice sound quality, and the front projection unit will have to hang down from the center of the 12' ceiling. Am I nuts? Should I be looking into a rear projection unit? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I have the same dilema. My bonus room has 8ft ceilings cathedraled(sp) to 12 1/2 ft. I'm going to use an extension pole to hang the projector about 3 ft down from the ceiling. I'm about 6 weeks from moving in and I can send you some pictures when I do if you're interested.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nighttrain20, I've got the same problem - big cathedral ceilings in my "Great Room". I had a thread asking questions about mounting a screen here:

Thread

Hope this helps.

Trey

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I have a room that has a vaulted ceiling that goes from 7'6" up to 12'. I am either going to have to use an extension pole coming down from the ceiling or use a whole bunch of keystone adjusting which I am not sure I want to do just yet.

Lately I thought about maybe going with a 7" CRT instead of DLP but I have no clue how I would mount that thing on a high ceiling. And no, I would not be willing to floor mount it. Lots of relatives with little nosey kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.