AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the Cat's & Dogs DVD discs and the full-frame format? Does anyone know why I can't find a retailer (non-internet) that carries the widescreen format? Most tell me there is no widescreen version, but Amazon.com has one listed. Can anyone confirm that a widescreen version does exist?

Thanks,

Darryl

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It exists in limited quantities. There wasn't originally going to be one, but there was a petition and it was released at the same time as the full frame version. Most retailers either A) Didn't order it or B)didn't get it in due to small quantities produced.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I had visited Best Buy online and in person and they appeared to have only the fullscreen version. I didn't buy it. Today I happened to stumble upon both versions at their website, though you have to look carefully at the picture because the AR is not listed on their synopsis (and "support" is too limited to actually do anything about it). This is the link that I used to order the widescreen edition. It is about 13% more than the butchered edition which seems like a steal since 25% of the film is missing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went to DVD planet when it was released and they didnt get the shippment of widescreen.

I found it at another local retailer, they didnt even carry the pan and scan version.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E
This is the link that I used to order the widescreen edition. It is about 13% more than the butchered edition which seems like a steal since 25% of the film is missing.
It's interesting you mentioned the Widescreen version costing more as I recently realized this at several other online vendors.

With a little persistence, I finally found (1) copy of the widescreen version at a Barnes & Noble store in NJ yesterday. They charged me full price, but I still felt great looking past the discounted "full screen" versions and paying the extra for only "widescreen" one they had. :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Was at my local Circuit City and wanted to pick up C&D but low and behold only full screen. There were five, yes FIVE employees restocking the dvd shelves so I asked them as a group if they had the widescreen version.

Employee 1: blank face

Employee 2: blank face...umm

Employee 3: blank face

Employee 4: blank face...another ummm

Employee 5: I don't think they have widescreen, but we have the bigger full screen. :mad:

All were in high school.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I just received another message from BestBuy. My OAR edition is still on back order. Time to try a different vendor I guess.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We happened to find one widescreen copy amidst a sea of pan&scan copies at one of our local Best Buy stores. So they seem to have 'm, just you gotta get lucky.

And that thing about the restocking employees that had no clue about widescreen is scary :(

Good luck :)

Gertjan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.