AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for all the acronyms! My Samsung 43" DLP arrives tomorrow and I expect the analog cable TV signal will look terrible.

I'm thinking of making an HTPC to clean up the signal somewhat and feed it to the Sammy via the DVI input. But I only want to do this if it will really make a big difference.

Please let me know if you are doing this, anyone! I'd love to know if it is worth the trouble.

Pete

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am feeding cablevision catv to my 507w dvi from the t165 dvi out and i can tell you it looks no better than the antenna to replaytv 4000 to component in. The ota hd through dvi looks wonderful. ....Robert

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm ok so it's not the DVI input that helps. Has anyone tried running a plain NTSC signal through dScaler or an All-In-Wonder card?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Phoner,

I am testing my 507 w/Linux htpc. So I am using TVTime which includes some of the deinterlacers used by dscaler. Along with a Hauppauge wintv card, xawtv.

I have not yet connected my cable but I'll keep you posted. (I'm working on games, DVD, Directv and Cable - in that order.)

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.