AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTv is classifying the early episodes as repeats, although they are previously unshown leftovers from the truncated last season schedule.

A Season Pass specifying "First Run Only" does not show them in the "To Do List" and will not record them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS!!!

Upon further research, it appears that they are indeed repeats. The leftovers will appear later.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Mr Moderator, please delete this thread.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
they arent repeats, ABC constantly says they are new.

nvm, just checked tvguide.com and they are repeats. Stupid lying ABC...

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN
they arent repeats, ABC constantly says they are new
On your TiVo, you can check the original air date for a series.

From the guide, hit record. Then his season pass and other options. Then info button. Then you will know if it is a repeat for sure. The BL scheduled for 8/9 originally aired 10/3/04.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
i dont have Tivo, i refuse to pay $15 dollars a month for a "guide"
Ok. Then I guess that is why you thought it was a new episode. And with DirecTv, it's only $4.99/month, free with TC Premiere. And why bother posting erroneous information in a thread for TiVo users?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The remaining 5 eps from season 1 are being retooled with the cast additions and will appear as part of an elongated seasont 2, beginning in late Sept.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Ou8thisSN:
"... they arent repeats, ABC constantly says they are new.

nvm, just checked tvguide.com and they are repeats. Stupid lying ABC..."

Exactly when has ABC said they were new? It certainly didn't make any announcement like that to the nation's TV critics during the annual press tour last month.

In fact, ABC announced at the press tour that "Boston Legal" repeats would start on August 9 with new episodes beginning on September 27th. Because the final five episodes of last year didn't run, that makes 27 episodes of the program to appear this season.

(All this information is easily available (at no charge, by the way) in the Hot Off The Press sticky.)

ABC to my knowledge has never "lied" about the Boston Legal episodes. If you have evidence to show that it has, I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Quote:
That's nice. I pay $5 for my Tivo and $5 for it's box. That's the same Comcast charges -- or perhaps it's less, actually -- and, yes, the Tivo I used mostly was free.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Umm.....ok..... but there's just a little bit more to TiVo than a "guide"...and mine is free. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.