AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all who might be interested,

Soccerdude who goes by Soccernut on Audiogon, a 105 pt. member no less, listed his projector for sale for 6k, claiming that it was in fine working order, save for his mention of a faulty bulb being replaced in '07.

On 1/1/09 he started a thread on here that his sim2 had gone dead. A friend of mine who's been after a 3 chip for a long time, noted this item up for sale and inquired. The correspondence is as follows:

On Jan 7, 2009, at 2:00 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> TO: Soccernut

>

> Hi,

>

> I was wondering if you've had any issues with the pj since > installing the new bulb, i.e. was it solely a bulb issue or are > there any other latent concerns, great or small?

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Bob

-----Original Message-----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 2:11 pm

Subject: Re: Audiogon listing: Sim2 C3X T2 lens The best 720p PJ.

Hi. No in fact iwas worried about it myself since I paid so much money for it.sim told me it was a bulb vendor issue only.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Response:

Then why did you post that it went dead in the avs forum?

His Final Response:

Sent: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 2:31 pm

That's my home in PA where my second Sim went bad..

Sent from my iPhone

The listing has since been pulled and anyone in the market for a second hand Sim2 may have noted his innumerable attempts to sell it. If you sign off on the second SIM2 C3X in Pa., then this warning is of no relevance. If you find it dubious, then I hope it is of help.

Dino

·
Registered
1 Posts
Occasional lurker on here, decided to register after seeing this post. I am a longtime 2-channel audiophile, AN gear,and a video newbie thinking about going to a projector. I too had asked a question about this projector and never was there a mention that something had gone wrong, let alone dead. I find it terribly discouraging to hear this and was able to do a bit of research before the listing was pulled to confirm that this person was trying to sell of a broken projector. For all of us who buy pre-owned equipment, this is disturbing especially from an audiogon member with over 100 pts.

Chance

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't normally get involved in issues like this but in fairness to Soccerdude I decided to tell what I know.

I know him to be an honest guy that is genuinely trying to sell one of his Sim2 C3X720's. He did ship one back to Sim2 when it shutdown (it turned out to be a fan issue). I assume that might explain why the Audiogon ad was removed pending repair, but I'm not sure. I seriously doubt he was attempting to defraud anyone and if I'm not mistaken he has an excellent record with Audiogon. If anyone feels the need to talk about this further, PM me and I'll send you my telephone number.

Jim

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Totally untrue and false allegation by the OP. I am not sure what his motives are. For the record I do have two PJ's and one went bad and Sim already fixed the bad fan that caused the PJ to shutdown.The unit already checked,repaired and updated by Sim and on her way back to me with brand new lamp. If the OP or his friend still interested, the unit still on sale for 6k asking price.

The OP, you should think twice before posting false and untrue statements without checking your facts.I am asking AVS to remove this false allegation.

I would like to thank Jim for standing up for me, knowing the facts and not jumping the gun to put up false statements coming from the OP is not AVS policy.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also appreciate Jim for saying something and would love to be wrong on this one, sincerely. The last thing I wanted to do was post something this potentially messy. What did I post that was false and untrue?

Moreover, if it is still available to myself or friend, why did you write?

Re: Audiogon listing: Sim2 C3X T2 lens The best 720p PJ.

Print |
New Window Full Message

Soccernu to you - 2 days ago More Details

[email protected] Hide

Sold already.

This is in response to:

Hey, you pulled the listing. Wouldn't you want to revise and say that this is the sim2 in my NY home that still works?

Sent: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 2:31 pm

That's my home in PA where my second Sim went bad..

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After PM'ing with someone on the forum, I would like to issue a full retraction of this thread and I would also like to apologize to Soccerdude.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and it was not my intent to tarnish a good reputation, rather, I sought to inform what I felt may have been a suspicious sale. While I did not accuse or say I knew for certain that there was foul play, the tone in my initial, unedited post indicates that I suspected enough to post such a thread.

I now believe my assertions to be incorrect.

While I did post any false information, it was based on circumstances and exchanges which engendered my subsequent suspicions.

Soccerdude aka Soccernut, I do hope you can understand why I felt this way with respect to the exchange of emails and the pulling of the listing but if you cannot, I hope you can accept my apology.

If there is any way to delete this thread, I am happy to do so or I can leave it be so any members revisiting or seeing the page for the first time will have a chance to see this.

My apologies for the misunderstanding,

Dino

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancecoulter /forum/post/15510629

Occasional lurker on here, decided to register after seeing this post. I am a longtime 2-channel audiophile, AN gear,and a video newbie thinking about going to a projector. I too had asked a question about this projector and never was there a mention that something had gone wrong, let alone dead. I find it terribly discouraging to hear this and was able to do a bit of research before the listing was pulled to confirm that this person was trying to sell of a broken projector. For all of us who buy pre-owned equipment, this is disturbing especially from an audiogon member with over 100 pts.

Chance

I am really sadden by your post, For a minutes I thought we were back in the dark ages where someone accuses someone else over false allegation due to having the wrong information, a smart person such as yourself bought into this hook line and sinker. I wonder how times in your life you're suckered into situations like this. Remember there are a lot of honest and god fearing people still around. On top of that you just missed out on a great used Sim2 with great price. I prey for you my brother.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizwip /forum/post/15518384

After PM'ing with someone on the forum, I would like to issue a full retraction of this thread and I would also like to apologize to Soccerdude.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and it was not my intent to tarnish a good reputation, rather, I sought to inform what I felt may have been a suspicious sale. While I did not accuse or say I knew for certain that there was foul play, the tone in my initial, unedited post indicates that I suspected enough to post such a thread.

I now believe my assertions to be incorrect.

While I did post any false information, it was based on circumstances and exchanges which engendered my subsequent suspicions.

Soccerdude aka Soccernut, I do hope you can understand why I felt this way with respect to the exchange of emails and the pulling of the listing but if you cannot, I hope you can accept my apology.

If there is any way to delete this thread, I am happy to do so or I can leave it be so any members revisiting or seeing the page for the first time will have a chance to see this.

My apologies for the misunderstanding,

Dino

Don't worry about it, it's all good.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren460 /forum/post/15512859

I hope that someone reported this thread to audiogon!

No comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts