AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my experience that I've had over the last two weeks. Instead of re-hashing the story, I figured I'd just post my last letter to Warren Electronic which, by the way, has went unanswered.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin, (salesman at Warren)

It seems that Jerry either could not or did not want to help me with the shipping and said that even with next day shipping, it would get here by the weekend because you wouldn't ship it until tomorrow evening. Considering the circumstances, it would seem that someone there could make a special effort to get it out in the morning if that's what it took.

I was recommended to check out your store from an individual on an intenet forum that discussed antennas, hdtv and so forth. I am a strong believer in giving praise when due, but I will also give the Caveat Emptor... or... ``Let the Hardware Buyer Beware'' in order to save others a forseeable hassle.

Just for a closing, I'd like to give a run down of the events that led us to where we are. I ordered my antenna and amplifier on the 14th early in the morning with the assurance that it would be shipped out that day. I had explained that I wanted it by the weekend and had already checked that I was in a delivery zone from Fed Ex listed as 2 days transit time.

You shipped out as promised, and the Fed Ex website listed a delivery time of the 16th, just as I had planned. When the 16th (Thursday) came and went without the delivery, I checked the website and the tracking had not changed, it still showed my package at the original terminal. I called Fed Ex and they could not find any additional info. I was promised a return call within 24 hours which I did not receive.

I called again on the 17th and they could still not find any info and it appeared to be missing. I was told to wait till Monday and recheck to confirm that it was missing and if it was, I could either file a lost claim, or ask the vendor to re-ship. At that time, I called and spoke to a lady at Warren Electronics, but she said most of the staff had already went home and to contact you Monday. I had asked her to just re-ship my ordered items and that if the lost ones did turn up, I would refuse shipment based on Fed Ex promise of an on time delivery. Since she was not in a position to do this, we decided I'd just talk to you about it on Monday.

Monday came and and Fed Ex still could not located the shipment. I called you and explained my wish just to have the order re-shipped with the understanding that if the lost shipment ever turned up, it would be sent back to you. You stated that you would check with Fed Ex and see what you could find out and that if it was lost, that's what would we would do.

Monday evening, I received an email from you that said in part, "

FedEx does have your package and it is in transit to you right now in Indiana. I have not received an explanation as to why it has been delayed, however, and when I find out I will let you know." I'm still unsure how you determined this since Fed Ex never could find my item and the website never updated the status.

Well, that sounded good, but the Fed Ex website still did not show any movement on my package. I called you on Tuesday and you said you would check with them again and if it was still unknown to where it was, you'd ship a new order out. At this time, I was still trying to give you business and even ordered two additional items to go with my original order. This seemed reasonable since you promised that either my order was nearing the delivery point, or you would re-ship. You stated that you'd email me to let me know.

I never got a reply, so I called this morning (Wednesday) and I was transferred to a man named Jerry. He said that you asked him to check with Federal Express and that he planned to do so today. Well, today when you or Jerry contacted Fed Ex, they told you that it was lost. The same thing I had told you on Friday when they (Fed Ex) couldn't find it. So now that we are all on the same page and have decided that my shipment was lost, you are unable to send out a new order because you are out of the 4248 antennas that I ordered. You had been promising to re-ship if it was lost, so at the very least, you could held onto one antenna if that turned out to be the situation. The good news, or at least it should be, is that, Thursday morning, you say that a new shipment of antennas will arrive.

With antennas on Thursday morning, I should be able to get Fed Ex or Warren Electronic to pick up the difference between the shipping cost in order to get it to me via next day delivery. I talked to you about it and you said that may be something that could be worked out and transferred me to Jerry who is in charge of shipping. I was still pretty upbeat, hoping that at the worst, I'd only get my antenna and amplifier one weekend late, but would be able to work on it over memorial day weekend. Well, as usual, I was shot down. Jerry says that you would only ship my order in the evening and so next day delivery would not do me any good.

It seems that since I showed patience and that my order is already 1 week late, someone could take the time to see to it that my order be sent off before the evening. Jerry said the best thing would be to just refund my money and possibly me get what I needed now locally and I said I might just order some items at a later time.

I realize that you have no control over Fed Ex, but if you would (1) have taken my word that Fed Ex lost my shippment, or (2) checked with Fed Ex when you promised to instead of assigning it to Jerry, who checked it a day later, or (3) held out the items I had ordered since you promised to re-ship if the order had been lost (which it appeared that way from the very beginning), I would still be able to put up my antenna this weekend.

To sum it up, Fed Ex started the problem, but it was only compounded from there on out. The end result being that I was charged (soon to be refunded) for something I didn't recieve, and delayed in excess of 2 weeks since I'll either have to make an out-of-town trip to buy the needed items or order from someone else.

Well, I'm sure this letter to you will do no good for me, but if I decide to share it with others, maybe it will at least let others know of the potential problems that they will run into if there is a glitch in their shipping. Even at this point, the whole matter could be cleared up if someone there was willing to take the time to negotiate a rate with Fed Ex, or pay the difference and just ship out my items in a timely manner tomorrow. I'm sorry that my business or customer satisfaction is not regarded any more than that.

Best Regards,

Scott

--------------------------------------------------

Fortunately, I found the 4248 withing about 35 miles of my house at about the same price. I'm unable to find a 7775 or 7777 locally, so I guess I'll have to resort to ordering that, but I think I'll try another internet store this time. You're probably thinking that the lost shipment was not Warren's fault and you are correct, it was the mishandling of the situation that really caused the problems. From what others have told me since then, it's best to avoid Federal Express Ground, a division of Fed Ex, if you have any other option. It seems that they are notorious for their lack of on-time shipping. I asked Warren if there was any other method of shipping and they said that they use Fed Ex Ground exclusively.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Scott,

I know how you feel, and I have nothing but sympathy for you. It is frustrating when people tell you one thing and do another. It amazes me how some of these companies stay in business with the customer service they currently have. My Samsung TV has been down for going on 7 weeks now.

I had the Best Buy service guy work on it April 10th, and he had to order parts from Samsung. The parts aren't anything special, just the digital convergence board, and the three component outputs.

He said it would be 7 to 10 days, the parts would be shipped to me directly, and then I should reschedule him to finish the job. Meanwhile, the tv is unwatchable. That was nearly 7 weeks ago. I have called best buy, Samsung, the tech, and the tech's supervisor. So far, none of them know where the parts are or what they are going to do for me. Everytime I talk to these people, I feel like we're doing an Abbot and Costello routine, and unfortunately, I'm Abbot.

I have the PSP, which they say they will fix or replace the TV. What they don't tell you is that they can make you wait forever before they make that fix vs. replace call. I am seriously considering getting a lawyer if this isn't resolved soon.

I guess the moral of this story is I should have read more comments on Best Buy and the PSP plan. Everything I have read since has been highly critical of it. To your post Caveat Emptor.

--------------------------Dave

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Bash - I understand your problem and I have a suggestion for you. Update your Location field. Put just a general area if you are concerned about naming your city. Why? Because this thread has been viewed 98 times as I type this post. One of those 98 viewers just may live in your area and know where you could get your pre-amp today. AVS members generally are very helpful, we just need a little info so we know if we are in the right area to help. Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stephen,

Good idea!

I'm just about dead right now, dead tired that is. Just made an out of town to pick up the 4248, then stopped by the local Lowes hardware store to get wire, rotor and etc... ..... then, proceeded to dismantle 20 ft of antenna tower from the top of a 50 ft. tower.. all by myself.... there has got to be an easier way, I'm just ignorant to it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.