AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local CBS affiliate is turning on their 5.1 for the Saturday SEC broadcasts and the Sunday NFL game; however, there has been no rear channel surround at all. Can anyone else report on their reception of these games? How's your sound?

Note: The Prologic/non-digital output of my Motorola cable box produces well balanced standard surround.

Also...anyone noticed "lip-sync" problems? The ABC O&O seems to have finally conquered this issue, but only recently. It seems to be a problem when stations install 5.1 processing capability.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
My experience with CBS OTA and via Dish has been that there is one College game and one Pro game per week in 5.1. Announcers are in the center channel, and there is some ambiance in the surrounds. You may have to get close to the speakers to hear it at times.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My rear surround speakers are pretty well balanced with all other inputs, 5.1 and ProLogic. For MNF, the sound was perfect.

On those recent CBS broadcasts, I've almost put my ear on the speakers...and they were "silent". When switching to ProLogic last weekend, there was rear surround, though very low for the SEC/NCAA game on Saturday.

I suspect a problem at the affiliate (but it could well be something with the sat feed), who knows. This is a new piece of equipment for them, and they've had a number of issues to deal with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.