AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I subscribe to CBS All Access through Amazon Prime Video. It's hard to describe but whenever I pull up my local CBS (Channel 2 New York) affiliate's live feed, any horizontal motion is blurry. This is very evident with sports games that have lots of horizontal panning.

• It feels like 24p footage that's being displayed at 30fps - so frames aren't matching.
  • Non-live TV content (i.e. Star Trek Discovery) is perfect. This issue ONLY exists with Live TV.
  • It's not a bandwidth issue (I get 5 bars, no buffering issues).
  • This problem exists across all of my devices: both of my plasma TVs, my high-end IPS 144hz PC monitor, my numerous Android tablet/phones, etc.
  • I used to subscribe to CBS AA directly (not through Amazon). I remember this Live TV issue was problematic there, too.

I'm not sure if I'm using the terminology right but I think people generally describe this as a 3:2 pulldown issue?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I subscribe to CBS All Access through Amazon Prime Video. It's hard to describe but whenever I pull up my local CBS (Channel 2 New York) affiliate's live feed, any horizontal motion is blurry. This is very evident with sports games that have lots of horizontal panning.

• It feels like 24p footage that's being displayed at 30fps - so frames aren't matching.
  • Non-live TV content (i.e. Star Trek Discovery) is perfect. This issue ONLY exists with Live TV.
  • It's not a bandwidth issue (I get 5 bars, no buffering issues).
  • This problem exists across all of my devices: both of my plasma TVs, my high-end IPS 144hz PC monitor, my numerous Android tablet/phones, etc.
  • I used to subscribe to CBS AA directly (not through Amazon). I remember this Live TV issue was problematic there, too.

I'm not sure if I'm using the terminology right but I think people generally describe this as a 3:2 pulldown issue?
Under powered OTT on the fly streaming conversion, the problem isn't on your end it's theirs, they need more band width to pull it off. Compared to Sling TV, PS Vue, and Direct TV Now CBS live streaming has a way to go. Most of the shows on demand look quite good now, but the live feed still needs work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under powered OTT on the fly streaming conversion, the problem isn't on your end it's theirs, they need more band width to pull it off. Compared to Sling TV, PS Vue, and Direct TV Now CBS live streaming has a way to go. Most of the shows on demand look quite good now, but the live feed still needs work.
Awesome, thank you for the explanation! Glad to know it's not my setup.

P.S. I don't speak Klingon, but cool signature! ;)

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Awesome, thank you for the explanation! Glad to know it's not my setup.

P.S. I don't speak Klingon, but cool signature! ;)
qatlho "I thank you" :) (Real Klingons would not use emoticons, so don't tell anyone..)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts