AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is a topic that has been discussed at length. I only searched a few pages.

Anyway, I just got Comcast cable here in Atlanta last night. I'm pleased with the programming, except the three CBS shows last night had audio that was off by about a second. Outside of CSI, I don't really watch any CBS programming.

Anyway, is this a common problem, is there a way to fix it, or is it just one of those "Just wait until we get it right: issues. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
no, this sounds like a local issue. CBS usually looks and sounds very good. I didn't watch last night though, but I don't suspect it was a national issue of this forum would be full of comments.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grnhd
Anyway, I just got Comcast cable here in Atlanta last night. I'm pleased with the programming, except the three CBS shows last night had audio that was off by about a second. Outside of CSI, I don't really watch any CBS programming.

Check out the discussions on CBS lip sync issues with the Atlanta CBS station at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv/

There seems to be a rash of problems lately possibly related to the local station attempting to upgrade to DD 5.1 for audio. The news on this station exhibits this problem even more than the CBS shows sometimes.

On another note, I also have Comcast HD here and lost this channel last night (channel 809) and currently get only a black screen though the other local digitals (804, 806) and HBO HD (880, 881) are ok.

I assume that you are not having this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm getting a picture, but no sound at all on CBS. The other channels are fine. On Sunday, during Boomtown (the best show on TV that no one watches) the sound was off ever so slightly. I didn't notice it until someone in the room did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.