AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting this in HD? I'm OTA in Philly but only getting SD. Called the station, but the drone on the phone was clueless and there weren't any engineers available.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
In HD on BEV.

·
Registered
217 Posts
4 minutes left in the 1st qtr, and it's HD in Denver. When the game cut over from the NY/NE game, there were no announcers (in 5.1) but a couple minutes later they were on.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LSpera
Anyone getting this in HD? I'm OTA in Philly but only getting SD. Called the station, but the drone on the phone was clueless and there weren't any engineers available.
What number did you dial for CBS in Philly -- might need it for future reference. Also, call back and tell them to give a message to the staff monitoring the programming that it should be in High Definition. Someone there has to be able to work the equipment.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
LSpera...i'm also seeing the same thing from CBS Phila.

I just called asking for engineering and was told they don't do HDTV, they aren't equiped for it. She wouldn't put me through. I left a message for Jim Chase.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yeah - looks like someone at KYW forgot to throw the switch - all in all a bad weekend for HD in Philly, with WCAU and WTXF both off-air and now this :mad:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It's in HD but not 5.1 in Sacramento. However, as a 49er fan who is stuck with Fox most of the year I appreciate the HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
HD & 5.1 in Detroit. Looks & sounds great.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's HD from WCBS in NYC (2.1 and 56), and it really looks good. In fact, WCBS on SD (2) via antenna is about equal to the FOX HD (5.1 and 44) channel showing Faux EDTV or whatever they call it. Of course, the Giants are playing on Fox....

Dennis

·
Registered
413 Posts
Beautiful OTA hi def here in Phoenix. Plus the DD 5.1 is great! Good separation and neat sound effects on animated graphics and transitions. Think I've heard my first TV punt. Plus really deep bass in commercials. This TV audio is the best I've heard, and that includes D* including HDnet as well as OTA.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
You guys are making me extremely jealous. Why does WCBS black me out on Dish if it's a national game? Thats always my backup if local CBS isn't working.

Philadelphia viewers keep calling KYW. Maybe someone will get the hint and call someone who actually knows something.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Drew_N

Philadelphia viewers keep calling KYW. Maybe someone will get the hint and call someone who actually knows something.
whats the number.

i do get the hd feed on the directv channel 70.

but shouldnt we be able to get the high res fox feed on channel 72 since the local digital isn't broadcasting?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.