AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
they mentioned the increased audience of CSTV multiple times.... did DirecTV move CSTV down to one of the the basic Total Choice packages (instead of requiring sports pack) or are they just referring to D* sub base growing?

·
Registered
722 Posts
According to a news article, "The DBS service will move CSTV to its Total Choice Plus tier from its sports tier, boosting the channel's DirecTV reach to 8 million subscribers from 2 million"

DirecTV will be mad for college basketball for the rest of the decade.

The direct-broadcast satellite provider secured a multiyear deal to exclusively carry the NCAA Mega March Madness out-of-market men's college-basketball tournament as part of a broader deal with CBS that also included increased DirecTV distribution of CBS-owned college-sports cable network CSTV.

The DBS service will move CSTV to its Total Choice Plus tier from its sports tier, boosting the channel's DirecTV reach to 8 million subscribers from 2 million. Overall, CSTV is in front of 20 million subscribers.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
And previously, CBS has said all game in the tournament will be broadcast in HD this year.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I doubt exclusivity for an out-of-town games package would be a legal issue, as long as those games are aired OTA in their local area.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'd think D* would be more at risk the more these "exclusives" and other things -- like the "bounty payment" arrangement with Sinclair vs. Mediacom -- pile up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
CSTV aired a number of college football games in HD last year, carried by TWC on INHD2. I can't remember if there were any basketball games last year.

This season CSTV has really dropped the ball on HD. There have been no games broadcast in HD by CSTV this year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow. If CSTV moves into TC+, it will actually be a D* move that makes me happy. They were bound to come up with something eventually. I hope they aren't waiting much longer to pull the trigger on that.

EDIT... Apparently the change has already happened. I am getting 610/CSTV right now, as a TC+ subscriber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.