AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I watched it in HD tonight. So yes, HD in San Antonio and on the New York national CBS feed.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It appeared to be in HD out of Houston, though the audio was choppy. :confused:

Sid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also HD out of Seattle. PQ was great and audio was fine.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Both CSI & Without a Trace were in HD in Nashville.

Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
did anyone recieve it in 5.1?

Only 2.0 in Boston/BEV land.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Geoff,

None of the CBS primetime HDTV programming (aside from special events and sports) is in Dolby Digital 5.1. That's reportedly coming with next season...

Or at least that was the impression I got from Bob Ross' posts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For me in Houston, the audio was choppy and the opening scene and opening credits were not HD. It did switch over to HD after the first commercial.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Did the CBS network send out CSI this last Thursday 4/10 in high-def (or any other show in high-def that night). ???
The answer to your question is, yes. The question you might want to ask is, "Did my affiliate choose to not pass the HD signal?" If I were you, I would call the local station's engineering department first and ask. Since the time change, my primetime shos start an hour earlier in HD. The CBS station here simply runs the HD and SD out of synch since there is only 1 HD feed. You might have the same situation on your hands.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My local affiliate in Idaho had some sort of technical problem and was unable to send out CSI in HD. Believe it or not my wife was more upset than I was and called the local station. By some sort of miracle they transferred her call directly to the engineering room. The guy answering the phone started asking her all sorts of technical questions about transponders and everything else. After calming the guy down she explained that she does not work for CBS in NY and does not know what he has to do to fix the problem. She just wanted to make sure someone wasn't asleep at the switch. I think some settings changed in NY and not everyone got the memo. The local engineer thought this was very funny and was actually happy someone called to say they miss their HDTV. I don't think the HD market is very big in Idaho.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looked great here in SLC too.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks, then wcbs-dt must have been doing something different. I hope it's not permanent. At least it's not just me. I was trying to compare the quality of last night's cbs hdtv material since I just had an isf calibration done. I was worried because it looked worse, but i guess that's the source material.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.