AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am feeling a bit better right now. I was actually able to tune into CBS and watch a few minutes of programming. I did shut down the system since I have some other thing to do right now.

Ok, at 11:30pm there are no HD programs and I did get the weather channel cut into letterman a couple of times, but at least I was able to see more than 2 seconds of CBS using the HD100. I am not sure if 11.2 is the channel that can transmit the HD signal but this is a start.

Note, the CBS channel showed up on 11.2 (I did not rescan this) instead of 11.1. I can also get CBS on 11.1 but it stays on for less than 30 seconds before the weather channel cuts in. This is a lot better than 2 second record and a great improvement over yesterday.

I guess CBS is doing something to get programming to the HD100 owners. I am saying this because I have not done anything to the receiver and Sony has not returned any calls or emails to me or others.

I must also thank Bob Ross who seems to really care about us and his company and has kept us updated with any news that has been available to him. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hopefully, CBS can figure out what is wrong with the broadcast and/or the HD100 so it can lock onto the 1080i signal. 11.1 is the HD subchannel. 11.2 only carries the weather radar loop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CBS has been on 11.1 for at least the past 24 hours. Earlier I saw The District on CBS in HD. No dropouts whatsoever in the past 24 hours. Seems fixed to me. (Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross:
It's definitely an affilitate issue guys, since here in N.Y. the HD100 has no problems with WCBS DT.
Ken,

Are you having lip sych issues with the Sony? I seem to lose the audio synch every 10 minutes and I have to change the channel to get it back. It's like I'm always watching an old Japanese monster movie. I'm wondering if it's an issue with my affiliate or with the HD100. Since I hardly watched HD with my other STB's I have nothing to compare it to.

Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gary, I had the same issues with the Sony. As I was watching NTPD Blue the other night the lip sync got gradually worse. I would flip to another station and back and it would be back in sync for awhile and start the whole process over. I also had the Dallas problem with CBS so I finally took the box back. I decided to go with the Sansung but have only had it for 3 days and have no info on syncing problems with it yet.

Good luck,

gary

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross:
It's definitely an affilitate issue guys, since here in N.Y. the HD100 has no problems with WCBS DT.
Hi Ken,

It could be that KTVT is running 2 channels - As you know we are not in NY. Greg and the gang have the encoder in the lab looking at it. We don't dare try it OTA....

Later Bob

------------------

CBS New York

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.